i need to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to leave

I am a 14 year old girl and I have had the worst possible relationship with my family possible. I fear whenever I do somthing they get mad and hit me. I have nobody to talk to because they take away my phone for the dumbest reasons such as kissing a boy or cursing in a text, or "being an embarassment to the family" I have cut myself 2 times because I got screamed at for being a disgusting person who doesn't deserve anything and nobody likes because that's how my parents think of me. I told my mom about the cutting and tried to tell her that what she says really does effect me and she all she said was you did that just for attention and when my dad came home they screamed and hit/kicked me. I am the oldest of three kids and am constantly compared to my siblings academically even though I am dyslexsic. I don't do anything innopropriate besides kissing which I can admit I do a lot because it makes me feel like somebody cares about me. I am just stuck and need to get out but have no clue where to start and runaway. I am in a wealthy familyand ii am financially supported. and go to a private school so I feel like a bad person wanting to leave but I just can't take the consTAnt tearing my self esteem apart of my parents and the fear of physical things that come alomg . I just am not happy at all. I have talked to my best friend and she has offered me a place to stay but my mom hates her and knows that would the first place I go. Where do i go and how? This has been going on for way to long and ii just need help.

re: I need to leave

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you are being verbally and physically abused. Nobody deserves to hit or made to feel like they are not a part of the family. Have you ever thought about reporting the abuse? Just to let you know, we are mandated reporters. This means that if you wanted to call and give specifics about your situation such as names, addresses, phone numbers and details about the abuse, we would be more than happy to contact child protective services or the police on your behalf.

If you have a trusted teacher or counselor at school, they are also mandated reporters. Another way to report would be to contact the police yourself. You also mentioned that you have been cutting. If you are feeling suicidal or like hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK is a good resource to reach out to. We are sorry to hear that when you tried to reach out to your mom she said you were seeking attention. Sometimes it can be hard to communicate what we are feeling in a healthy way. Do you have any ways to express yourself such as drawing, writing, sports, music or other outlets when you are feeling stressed?

You also mentioned that you are struggling in school due to dyslexia. Some school programs offer tutoring or other personal ways to help you. If you are thinking about running away, there are some things to consider first. Technically, it is not against the law for you to run away from home. In most places it’s considered a status offence. However, anyone that you are caught staying with could possibly be charged with ‘harboring a runaway’. This means if you are caught staying at your best friend’s mom’s house, your legal guardian could decide to press charges against her.

If you feel comfortable calling us, we would be happy to help you explore more options and offer any resources that may be of use to you. We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X