Help please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

I emailed you guys but I need help. My adoptive parents are mentally and emtionally abusing me. They think there such great parents because they adopted me when though they always tell me it's a mistake and they shouldn't have done it and they wanna put me in a home . I'm turning 16 next month and I need to get out of here before I try to commit suicide again. I know 4 people who want me to be with them and not stay in this unsafe environment . I never wanna be home because they yell at me and threaten me and accuse me of things. Please help me figure out my options I can't stay here . PLEASE HELP

Re: Help please

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. Sounds like you’re going through an intense time. We’ll try and help out as best as we can.

It sounds like it’s not a good fit for you at home. You stated that they’re trying to send you away and lock you up. What’s going on with that? Have they said why they want to do that?

And it seems like there are people that care about you and support you. Do you think you’ll end up going to their homes? Has that happened before?

As of right now, if you’re trying to get out of the house and not get in trouble for it, the authorities need to know that your current parents are unfit. And by ‘authorities’ we don’t mean the police. We mean social services: the entity that is in charge of safe, child welfare. Would you ever consider making an abuse report against your parents? If you did, what do you think you’d say to them?

Sometimes, in order to figure out what options might be available to you it takes quite a bit of talking (questions and comments back and forth) to find resources and support systems. If you’d like to explore your situation some more, we’d like to speak with you.

We’re an anonymous, confidential and 24 hour crisis hotline. If you can, call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’re here to listen, here to help.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X