Can't handle it anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't handle it anymore

I want to get out, I'v thought about it a lot, my dad doesn't care all he does is yell and scream at me. Call me awful names, and calls my mom mean names too. I hate him so much. I don't know what i'd do if i did run tho.

Re: Can't handle it anymore

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that your dad treats you and your mom so badly. No one ever deserves to be called names, especially by a parent. How do you usually react when he treats you this way? How does your mom react? Are there other people in your life that know how you're feeling?

Running away is a big decision, so it’s important to think about before acting. Here’s a list of great questions (from our website) to ask yourself before deciding to runaway: What else can I do to improve things at home before I leave?, What would make me stay at home?, How will I survive?, Is running away safe?, Who can I talk to about the situation?, Am I being realistic?, Have I given this enough thought?, What are my other options?, Who will I call if I end up in trouble?, What will happen when I return home?. You’re also welcome to call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you want to talk about what’s going on and how you’re feeling. We aren’t here to tell you not to runaway, but rather to help talk through the situation, possible options and come up with a plan you’re comfortable with. We’re available 24/7, so you can call anytime day or night. Best of Luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I usually just go in my room or i try to get my mom to stop him theres usually not much i can do, he's been doing it for as long as i can remember

Comment

Hello,

Thank for reaching out to us soon about your story. It sounds like you are trying to take the time to figure out what you are dealing with and we commend you for being so brave at this time. It must be very difficult to sit back, experience such horrific treatment and watch your mother go through the same thing. What goes through your mind when you are facing this situation? You stated that you go to your room to avoid it all and that you at least have your mother to settle the situation when it gets out of hand sometimes. What sort of other methods have you use to distract yourself from the situation? Are you able to come up with ways to stay focus from it and go out more to do the things that are fun for you? What can you tell your mother to do or yourself in case it gets out of control? Do you feel comfortable calling the police in time of need? Do you feel comfortable talking to others about what is happening? You are welcomed to call us and speak to our liners about what you are dealing with. We are confidential and never judge. We are available 24 hours at 1800runaway. If you just want to vent we are here to listen but if you want to take the conversation in another direction, we are here for that also. We are mandated reporters and can file a report but if you give us names and address we have to do it anyway. However, in the mean time can you think of ways that you can use to empower yourself and stay safe. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X