Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanna run away from home. please help me.

hey, i'm 15 from Illinois and i wanna run away from home. I'm having all kinda family problems. i really wanna leave.
    i feel like i 'm an obstacle to my family. My father is a drug addict and I didn't meet him till i was 4, my mother is nice to me in public and people think we have thee best relationship. But the minute we're alone and no one can hear us she yells and screams. I've been slapped more times than i can remember. When i was eight she threw a package of frozen broccoli at my head. She throws things when she's angry, which is all the time. All she does is yell and my father just lets her and doesn;'t care. I need to leave before it gets worse. Please help me.

re: i wanna run away from home. please help me.

We are so glad that you found the National Runaway Safeline. What you are going through is not easy and you are definitely not alone. It sounds like your home life is unsafe and that you have been in that environment for a really long time. No one deserves to feel unsafe in their own home and your parents do not have the right to hurt you like that. Have you told anyone else about the yelling, throwing things and hitting that you are experiencing? You certainly have options available to you such as talking to a trusted adult, filing an abuse report with child protective services (217-785-4020), or even calling 9-1-1.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are available to help you file an abuse report if that is something you are interested in or we can also help you come up with safe places to go to such as a friend or family member. In the state of Illinois, if you want to go into a shelter, you can call 877-870-2663 (Comprehensive Community Based Youth Services) and they will be able to help you. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are completely confidential and anonymous and available 24 hours a day to talk with you about what you are going through and explore some options available. We are also here for you through live chat from 4:30-11:30pm CST if you are more comfortable reaching out electronically. You are so brave for handling everything that you have been and we hope that you will consider contacting us so that we can help you come up with a plan you are comfortable with.

Stay safe,
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X