Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic i wanna run away from home. please help me.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

hey, i'm 16 from india and i wanna run away from home. i'm having all kinda family problems. i really wanna leave.
    i feel like i 'm an obstacle to my family.
    my dad died wen m about 6yrs old. my mom got remarried n i live with my aunts. my àunt didnt get married and she blame me for that. she acts so nice and carring for me in public. so, people like my friend etc said that i'm like a princess. but actually, she scolds me lik hell wen we are alone. she said things she shouldn't i cried almost everyday. i cant take this pain anymore i feel like i will be out of my mind someday... i'v tried to suicide several times. so, please help me. i dont have anyone to talk to.

• ccsmod6
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello, and thank you for opening up to us. It takes courage to seek help in what sounds like a hurtful and depressing situation.
    From what you’re saying, it seems like neither your mother nor your father are really around for you. And them not getting along would certainly make things worse. It’s completely understandable to want more support from your parents. Please know that you deserve to feel comfortable and respected in your own home.
    Many people in your situation find it immensely helpful to find people they can confide in. Think of people you feel comfortable venting to, like a friend, a trusted adult, or perhaps other family members. Simply getting the words out can make a huge difference in how you’re feeling. It could also be a good idea to look into coping mechanisms that work for you. Journaling, taking a walk, or playing with a pet are just some examples that have helped many others in situations like your own.
    You might also consider finding a counselor who is specially trained to offer the support you need. You might be able to find a counselor through your school or your parents’ insurance, if that’s an option. SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration, samhsa.gov) and NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness, www.nami.org) are two other resources that can help you find affordable counseling in your area.
    We hope that you’ve found this helpful so far. If you are open to calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and telling us more about your situation, we’d also be happy to offer you information about running away. This could mean helping you decide if running away is the right option for you, letting you know about local laws, and finding shelters in your area. Thanks again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, and we wish you the best of luck.

Guest replied
    I want to runaway from my home so bad. My home life is broken and depressing. My mom works a lot and never has time for me. My dad is in some state of depression after his father's passing. My parents never get a long either. I'm so sick of living in this depressing household.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit about what is going. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation. If you call in to 1-800-RUNAWAY we could can discuss more in detail how we can best support you through this situation. Stay strong! You are not alone in this and we are here 24/7.

-NRS

Guest replied
    Hello m sudha i need help to ran away

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you have gone through so much, and abuse is never okay. You deserve to treated with respect and kindness, and to be with the one you love.

The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA.Since you are in Malaysia, you might reach out to the local childhelp line: https://www.kpwkm.gov.my/kpwkm/index...V2K005Mm9Hdz09 or 15999.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best of luck,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hello. I'm a 20 years old girl from Malaysia. I've never really had the love of my father. I dislike him and it's been 11 years since he doesn't live with my mom, brother and I. I just completed my STPM. Waiting for my results to come on March. I do have a part time job but it's something arranged by mom. I teach tuition currently at home. I love my boyfriend more than anything. He gave me the love I crave from my father. He guides me mentally. Gives me the love I crave from both of my parents and he loves me more than anything. He's just a year older than me but gave me all 4/5 he had, while kept only 1/5 to himself. He knows my dark secret, my past, my insecurities, my everything. And I remember my mom kicking me out of the house when I was 18 at 2.00 midnight just because I insisted I loved him. Mom didn't want him because she feels that he's not rich and he can't be mine which is stupid. She even threatened his family members. She didn't care even if I was dying. She hits me even till now, I'm 20 already. She did get me many things SHE wanted me to have. She bought me a car but it's not like I can take it wherever I want. She bought me jewelleries but didn't let me wear the one I feel like wearing unless if she feels the same. She also caused my blood pressure to get lower in year 2017. And she didn't care and didn't even knew that I was dying. I had cramps during my period and let me fend myself in the name of protecting me/ teaching me a lesson because I'm loving me. I got thinner, pressure got worse with the depression sheswas giving me. She treated me as if I was a puppet. Little does she know, that he's the reason why my blood pressure got okay, he came all over from our hometown to take care of me(We're from the same hometown. We're like non-blood related families). He accompanied me to tuition, fed me well enough, do me stuffs any fathers would do. He put me before his. It's been almost 2 years and mom doesn't know that we're together. I don't have many friends at school. He's my only best friend. He's the reason why I hustle. My mom treats me and brother differently. So does my father. But he's even worse. At times I would even wonder his existion. He's strict too and stingy and doesn't really do his responsibility as a father. He neglected me. My mom hummiliates me. Treats me as her wish. Doesn't let me be me. Doesn't let me wear sleeveless and shorts in public, because she feels that her image would be tarnished. I swear I've had enough. I'm freaking 20. But she never respects my emotions. My insecurities were built by my mom as one of them too. I was once a victim of sexual abuse when I was 4. It was done by one of my mother's younger brother. I struggled a lot mentally. My mom doesn't know about it. My dad does know, but he lied to me that he told my mom about it when I know he didn't. The only person who knows about it is my boyfriend. He's my everything. I just wanna move out of the house but it's really hard because my mother's controlling. I want to be understood and respected that's all

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like things at home have taken a toll on you and you are feeling unneeded, that cannot be easy to deal with. Here at NRS, we want you to know that you are enough as it and you are worthy of love and life.

It sounds like you are feeling fed up with life right now. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat if you have questions, need resources, or need to talk. We can explore your situation, go over all your options, and come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation over the phone or on live chat. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Guest replied
    Please email me in this id if anyone wants to run away. I m fed up of living dis life...no kne needs me...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Plz read

I dnt think these helpline wud do anything to help,
    I too am planning to run away and hav a similar problem to urs
    Let me knw how I can contact u and we can work something out
    So did you guys form a group and how did you end up???

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi, thanks for reaching out to us at NRS.

It sounds like you feel like your parents care about your brother more than you, and that’s making your depression worse, but it’s been hard to convey that to them. While it is hard for us to say what is going on without fully knowing the situation, it is possible that your brother is getting more privileges than you right now because of his age. Often parents will gradually allow their kids access to things once they are closer to the point where they feel like they can hand over that responsibility; and it might just be a matter of waiting until you get until that point for them to make a decision about giving you that responsibility. However, it sounds like it has been more than just owning a car, and you feel like you’re generally not being heard.

Something that NRS offers is conference calling with parents where you can call in and have us talk with you and your parents to address these issues with the support of a liner to help get your point across and hopefully find some common ground. For this, or just in general to talk confidentially with a liner, please know we are available 24/7 (800) RUNAWAY.

If you are not already talking to someone for your depression, counseling can be a helpful way to work through everything you are feeling with a non-biased professional outside of your friends and family. Often you can get connected to a counselor through your school, or you can do a search on SAMHSA (or the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov or by calling (877) 726-4727.

Although mental health issues often stem from factors in your environment, depression is a serious and relatively prevalent disorder that you don’t have to go through alone. If you want to talk with us further about your situation to explore additional options, please do not hesitate to reach out, as we have a large database or resources or can just be a listening ear.

Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to leave my home life, I want to go anywhere else.

On the surface my family is happy and loving, it can seem like they give me and my brother everything we ask for and its true. But deeper down my family hates my guts, My parents love my brother he can do no wrong. I get introbal for everything and my depression is taking a toll on my school life, and my depression is from my family, but I cant tell them. They block everything and I hate it! I just want to get away from everything and because I am 14 and a freshman college is forever away. My parents bought my brother a car, but won't buy me one, ( I know it sounds like I am spoiled ) My parents threaten me with having to pay for college and that is my only escape, unless I run away.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out. It sounds like you want to run away with your boyfriend. If you do run away, it is possible that someone may file a runaway report with the police, and they may try to find you. Some other things that might be good to consider, if you haven’t already, are what you’ll do for finances and where you’ll go. You said you want to go to the airport; flights can sometimes be expensive on their own, and you will likely have expenses when you get where you’re going. It’s always good to have a plan for shelter and food.

If you have any friends or relatives you could stay with, that could be a good source of support. You can contact us at 1-800-786-2929 if you’d like to talk to someone anonymously about your plans. We can also help you find emergency shelters in your area or wherever you plan to travel. We’re here 24/7 if you ever need to talk.

Thanks again for reaching out.

Guest replied
    I am gonna runaway for reasons that i'm not gonna say. I'm gonna go to the airport with my boyfriend and we are never gonna come back to this stupid state that we call home

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi Rose,
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are clearly going through a very difficult time and in need of some help. You are incredibly strong to reach out and ask for help. Nobody deserves the pain that you are going through. No person has the right to abuse you in any way. It’s also incredibly frustrating that your mom is in denial about the situation and will not help you. Your home should be a place where you are loved and supported.
    You mentioned that you are 19. In almost all states, you are considered a legal adult. This means that you can leave home without the possibility of your parents filing a runaway report. The top priority in this situation is your safety. It’s important that you can stay in an environment without fear. Have you talked to trusted people in your world about your home life? It might be a good idea to find some shelter outside of your home—with a trusted adult, family member, or close friend. If these are not an option for you, we can always give you resources for shelter in your area.
    Have you considered filing a police report against your father? Because you are an adult, it would be considered domestic violence, and not child abuse. If you decide to talk to the police and would like additional support, we can always make the report with you over the phone. In this instance, it might be helpful to document the abuse. You could take photos of marks on your body, and detail the abuse in a notebook that can be easily hidden. Another resource would be to call the National Domestic Violence Hotline—800-799-7233--if you simply wish to talk through your feelings and think of other solutions.
    It sounds like you are in a lot of emotional pain in your life right now. Speaking to a counselor could help you work through your past and start to heal, despite your difficult situation. You are strong and deserving of care. We can always provide you with counseling resources in your area, which may take insurance, be low-cost, or offer sliding-scale for payment.
    There’s a lot to consider when leaving home, such as where you would stay, how you would support yourself, and how you would have access to healthcare. We are always available to talk through your situation and provide you with resources for shelter and counseling. We are available 24/7 to help you.

Best of luck,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X