Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod1
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds really frustrating to have to stay with your dad when he is so controlling. It's great to hear that you have career aspirations and travel goals in mind! The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. You may want to check out http://madadgaar.org/ for services that may be available to you in Pakistan.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi,I’m 18 and I live in Pakistan.......my dream is to become a model .....but my family is too strict.....they don’t let me follow my dreams....I have tried everything I asked them nicely but no one listens....my father is a very strict person,even my mom is scared of him....my brother n father are always fighting and my father wants everything done his way....I want to leave to some other country cuz it’ll be too easy for my father to find me in Pakistan...I don’t have money and to collect that my father wouldn’t even let me do a part time job......I have considered going to South Korea cuz it is a safe country and I can easily live on my own there doing part time jobs n looking for my dream as well.....but I don’t have money for tickets and visa and I can’t even go to the passport office cuz my dad won’t let me go anywhere alone.....I wanna leave home....plz help me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be treated badly by your family.
    It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also live chat with us 24/7 at www.1800runaway.org if you need to talk.
    NRS is located in the United States. Since you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello, I'm 16 and I'm from Italy.
    I have similar issues as the main (or first post mentioned)
    I'm the third daughter of a family of 8 people, my parents are people who actually care for their social appearance a lot and by that everyone who knows them, knows them as fantastic parents who are a lot nice. I'd say the same if I wasn't abused everyday by them (especially my mom) and the rest of the big side of the family. Everyday I think in a detailed version on how I want to kill myself, I also harmed myself differently to see if they would notice but they rather called me a failure. Yesterday my mom prayed that I would leave the house as she is tired of seeing myself and to mess myself up while my sister today wished me a painful death such as burning alive. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to confide with in here since they would believe it's mostly my fault other than the fact that depression and suicide isn't taken seriously here. I'm scared of contacting an organization and being taken back by what I have to call family. Please help me.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-09-2019, 07:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. As you are over the age of 21, you are considered an adult in all 50 states and have the right to leave home and live wherever you want. If you need help figuring out how to approach moving out, we would be happy to talk with you about how to get started doing that. Unfortunately, most of our resources are tailored towards youth up to age 21, but we would have no problem looking to see if there might be anything useful to you in our database. If you are interested in having that conversation, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi I'm in my 30s I've had enough of living at home I wnat to run away

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now.
    Having your parents fight all the time can be frustrating and annoying. We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you home.
    Cutting yourself can be dangerous if you would like to talk with someone about this you can consider talking to your school counselor about this. You can also contact NAMI (national alliance on mental illnesses). They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I’m a 12 year old girl from Minnesota and my parents and I get into fights every dad and I can’t take it anymore I just want to run away earlier today I even almost cut myself on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. Living on your own can also bring about many safety risks. You will need to consider ways that you can protect yourself from physical harm as well as the possibility of sexual and labor exploitation. This can all influence your decision to leave.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi. I am 11 years old. I want to run away. I live in the United States. My mom and dad love each other. But whenever my dad go to work, she releases this monster inside of her. Sometimes at night if my dad isn’t home me and my sister are afraid even walk down my mom and dad love each other. But whenever my dad go to work, she releases this monster inside of her. Sometimes at night if my dad isn’t home we are afraid to even steap out of our room. I have been planing to run away for years. I just don’t know if I should. I have been saving up money, for about a year. So, should I run away? I don’t know.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

Guest replied
    Hi I want to go away from every one but I dont know where to go , I live in Delhi, I'm 22 years old my life is a mess

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hello
    my name is **** i’m 15 and I want to run away
    i feel so trapped and it seems like the only solution to my problem is running away or at this point subside
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 09-05-2019, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

It sounds like you're having a really difficult time with your mom. If you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can brainstorm some ideas to help you figure out what your options are in dealing with her. Or you can chat with us online by clicking on the chat option on our main website. We hope to hear from you soon! Good luck.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X