Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone (1-800-786-2929) or chat (1800runaway.org) for immediate services.

Thank you, NRS

Guest replied
    thank you so much, you're the only person who understood or even bothered to help me even though I didn't knew you, you mean a lot to me, Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you have really been through a lot and are currently struggling now. We understand how important is it to feel like people believe and understand the trauma you have gone through. Nobody deserves to be sexually abused, bullied or made to feel unsafe in their own home. Although you said you did not want any other numbers, it might not be a bad idea to reach out to professionals who can help you come up with some healthy coping mechanisms.

RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) 1-800-656-4673 can help you process some of the things that have happened to you over the years. They may also be able to provide more long-term counseling options. https://www.stopbullying.gov/ Is another good resource to address some of the bullying you’ve experienced. It sounds like your parents are not supportive of you in more than one way. If you would like to report the abuse or neglect, you have every right to do so. Child Help at 1-800-422-4435 can take your information and open an investigation. You also said you believe Casey Anthony is your real mom. You can leave an anonymous tip at https://www.crimestoppersusa.org/contact/submit-a-tip/ where someone can look into this matter further.

We are very glad you have reached out to us today and hope you’ll give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Please stay safe and best of luck.

Guest replied
    Hey there. I am a 13 year old from India and my story begins when I was only in senior kinder garden, I had bitten (since my biting stage started late) my older brother and got beaten and physically abused so bad for it to the point I started peeing, and they still kept beating me until my brother told them I was saying the truth and to stop it. Later on in life we moved to a new place where my parents avoided to talk with me, they became emotionally abusive and distant and to this day they still are, it feels like I get emotionally raped by their perfectionism obsessive and hurtful words every single day. I literally fight and cry with my family every day, and I just want to quit at this point, I feel like I'm the wrong one here. I've been sexually assaulted by my friend, bullied to the point I started questioning myself, have depression, anxiety and I often feel dumb shamed, personality shamed, looks shamed and slut shamed idk why. My parents, most of the time refuse to check me to the doctor when I get a swollen eye infection or anything. Their distancing has grown so much I'm afraid they've begun to neglect me at this point, one day the end of my belt was hanging lose so my mother suggested to fix it, after much persuasion, using elastic bands in the tower reception, as she pulled up my top (I was wearing a long tee and jeans) the security guard started checking me out and when I addressed it to them they chose to ignore it and blame me instead of protecting me and trusting me, I was 11/12 at the time. My brother has certain dominance issues and I feel like he's the only parental figure in my life, even though he can tend to be aggressive at times he says its for my well being and even though he may call me weak and sensitive he's the only one who pays any attention towards me. My father is barely ever there in the house due to his job and he could almost be considered an outsider in my life if he didn't stay in the house, every time I try to inform him he chooses to believe my mother who explains matters from her perspective and victimizes herself. I have no friends who want to specialize me and often times I feel like I was abducted as a child due to certain memories. Every day this thought haunts me that if it wasn't for their procrastination and neglect, I would've been physically abused terribly. My mom always says that it was her fault she didn't beat me up when I was small. She even once mentioned me as the girl from the streets and someone who never deserved to have a mother etc. They make me feel guilty about my mental health issues and the outcome of it instead of being there for me. I also suffer from terrible mood swings and I'm unable to find the roots of it, I make up stories in my mind to make myself believe that this isn't my life and that it's been stolen from me and for some odd reason I gain pleasure from it. I wanna go to Orlando where my mom, Casey Anthony is living, I know this sounds crazy but you have got to trust me. Idk why she left me but I have memories, each photo of my childhood looks different, they claim most photos have been "deleted", we look really similar, we share the same birthday and even though my parents haven't admitted it and they have given slight remarks about it which in itself is very suspicious. The death WAS a cover up and i know it. My father, a man who I didn't even know well said to me that MY marriage was HIS responsibility. I'm honestly done with all the fake people and just wanna start anew, I don't need a hotline number, they can't change the past or save me. Please help me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hey there,
    It seems like you feel really oppressed at home and targeted for a past decision. It is reasonable to feel like its unfair to be compared to your brother all the time like that and yelling at you like that is not ok. As for the risks of running away the first one is do you have a safe place to go to? Your parents will also have a responsibility to file a runaway report on you which lets the police know that you are a runaway and to bring you home if they find you. If you go to a friend’s house there is a chance their parents could face a harboring a runaway charge if they try to keep you away from the police.
    It seems like there are some underlying issues at home if you’ve felt like running away before and have already before. It may be worth looking into family or personal counseling and see if outside help can resolve some of the tension and make home-life more livable. There are many online options right now as well with coronavirus affecting things, to find a therapist online.
    Hopfully this information is helpful for you, nobody should be treated like a disappointment and constantly compared to a sibling. You’re your own person and should be treated as such. If you need someone to talk with or have more questions please call 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online.

Guest replied
    Ight so tbh idk anymore rn, I ran away b4 and now all I get is loads of bull******** around me. I can't go anywhere alone, I can't even go to my room anymore. And the thing is, every night I think of running away, but I don't. And the next day i always regret it. I only get yelled at about how my brother is perfect bc he never did. And how I am ********ing a dissapointment to them. I cant focus or think anymore. What happens if I run away again, what are the risks?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hey there,

It is totally normal to be safe, and we are here for you. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    I wanna run away.
    my Name is Shayla I’m 13 & from florida.
    im sad.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I really really just wanna leave. Run away and never come back. I don’t want to keep relations with people. They suck and well it’s just too much effort and of absolutely no use cause well I still always end up getting abandoned. But l’m 17 can’t run away. I’ve lived in ny all my life wouldn’t know where to go.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I am 19 year old I am CLG student
    I want to run away from home because my parents call me exatra burden I am second one in home and a younger sibling who always fight whatever happen they always do wrong with me and my parents blames me too and now I don't feel anything like I am numb not capable of understanding any feeling and my parents always fights with each other and my mom many times said me too leave the house and don't know what do I need a job I want live alone I feel like starting thinking about doing suscide because no one like me and I am thinking to much about doing suscide

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out.

You mentioned that you want to run away because you don’t like living where you are, and people are mean to you. It sounds like you’re going through a difficult time right now, and we want you to know that you’re not alone. With that being said we aren’t legal experts, but in most states anyone under 18 is considered a minor. If you were to run away your legal guardians may contact the authorities and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with may face some charges for harboring a runaway.

If you feel like there is any abuse going on in the home, you can always contact the National Child Abuse hotline at 1800) 422-4453, and file a child abuse report. Once filing the child abuse report, a case worker will be in contact with you within 48 business hours. Along those same lines, sometimes it may be hard to process any whatever it is that is making you want to run away, and there are counselors out there that can help you process those feelings. For example, you can actually text with a counselor through an organization called the National Alliance on Mental Illness. You would text the abbreviation NAMI to 741741. The counselor should be someone that you confide in, and if necessary they may refer you to resources in your area.

We hope these options and resources may be of some use to you. If you need additional help or want us to reach out to an organization on your behalf, you may reach out to us 24/7 at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck

Guest replied
    I want to run away because I don't fit in with anyone else and I don't like living here and people are mean to me pls help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Seems like you are really going through it at home enduring fighting and being hurt. It also must be really difficult to feel like you cannot be the person you want to be, and to have mental health issues on top of all of this. You must be incredibly resilient for dealing with all of this. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

You mentioned that if you killed yourself it would be through pills or cutting. If you have any pills or things to cut with near you, you might try to depose of it for your safety. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org

We look forward to hearing from you,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X