Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. I am 11 years old. I want to run away. I live in the United States. My mom and dad love each other. But whenever my dad go to work, she releases this monster inside of her. Sometimes at night if my dad isn’t home me and my sister are afraid even walk down my mom and dad love each other. But whenever my dad go to work, she releases this monster inside of her. Sometimes at night if my dad isn’t home we are afraid to even steap out of our room. I have been planing to run away for years. I just don’t know if I should. I have been saving up money, for about a year. So, should I run away? I don’t know.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. Living on your own can also bring about many safety risks. You will need to consider ways that you can protect yourself from physical harm as well as the possibility of sexual and labor exploitation. This can all influence your decision to leave.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• Hi I’m a 12 year old girl from Minnesota and my parents and I get into fights every dad and I can’t take it anymore I just want to run away earlier today I even almost cut myself on purpose.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now.
      Having your parents fight all the time can be frustrating and annoying. We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you home.
      Cutting yourself can be dangerous if you would like to talk with someone about this you can consider talking to your school counselor about this. You can also contact NAMI (national alliance on mental illnesses). They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. Best of luck!
      NRS

• hi I'm in my 30s I've had enough of living at home I wnat to run away

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. As you are over the age of 21, you are considered an adult in all 50 states and have the right to leave home and live wherever you want. If you need help figuring out how to approach moving out, we would be happy to talk with you about how to get started doing that. Unfortunately, most of our resources are tailored towards youth up to age 21, but we would have no problem looking to see if there might be anything useful to you in our database. If you are interested in having that conversation, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
      NRS

• Hello, I'm 16 and I'm from Italy.
    I have similar issues as the main (or first post mentioned)
    I'm the third daughter of a family of 8 people, my parents are people who actually care for their social appearance a lot and by that everyone who knows them, knows them as fantastic parents who are a lot nice. I'd say the same if I wasn't abused everyday by them (especially my mom) and the rest of the big side of the family. Everyday I think in a detailed version on how I want to kill myself, I also harmed myself differently to see if they would notice but they rather called me a failure. Yesterday my mom prayed that I would leave the house as she is tired of seeing myself and to mess myself up while my sister today wished me a painful death such as burning alive. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to confide with in here since they would believe it's mostly my fault other than the fact that depression and suicide isn't taken seriously here. I'm scared of contacting an organization and being taken back by what I have to call family. Please help me.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-09-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be treated badly by your family.
      It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also live chat with us 24/7 at www.1800runaway.org if you need to talk.
      NRS is located in the United States. Since you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
      NRS

• Hi,I’m 18 and I live in Pakistan.......my dream is to become a model .....but my family is too strict.....they don’t let me follow my dreams....I have tried everything I asked them nicely but no one listens....my father is a very strict person,even my mom is scared of him....my brother n father are always fighting and my father wants everything done his way....I want to leave to some other country cuz it’ll be too easy for my father to find me in Pakistan...I don’t have money and to collect that my father wouldn’t even let me do a part time job......I have considered going to South Korea cuz it is a safe country and I can easily live on my own there doing part time jobs n looking for my dream as well.....but I don’t have money for tickets and visa and I can’t even go to the passport office cuz my dad won’t let me go anywhere alone.....I wanna leave home....plz help me

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds really frustrating to have to stay with your dad when he is so controlling. It's great to hear that you have career aspirations and travel goals in mind! The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. You may want to check out http://madadgaar.org/ for services that may be available to you in Pakistan.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
      NRS

• Good morning,
    I'm 16yrs old girl living in Algeria well u wont believe me if I say I spent the past 4yrs searchin in internet for ppl that might help me runaway to another country cuz Ive tbh been sad since forever I thought many times about suicide but its not an option I know that I wanna live grow up succed ,unfortunatly my family wont ever let me do any of this am like the toy who should obei n shut up .
    I dont wanna do anything stoopid nd there is no help I can get in my country they dont care about children in here so can I get any sort of help please !?
    thank you I wish u respond !

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thank you for posting!
      It seems like you have been in a tough situation for a while, and feel oppressed at home. Being unable to express yourself at home on top of feeling depressed is something that shouldn’t happen. Your family should help you grow and succeed as you said.
      Unfortunately we are based in the United States alone so we don’t have any resources for your situation in our database. However there is the child helpline International which is at +31-20-528-9625 which may be able to help.
      Hopefully that number is helpful and you can get the support that you need. Good Luck!

• Hi I'm 12 years old and I really want to run away. The Main reasons are that my dad has sexually abused my family and there has been a big court thing and he did not go to jail. I'm having a lot of trouble in school and might be getting expelled. Also me and my mom have been getting into many fights lately. A year ago I went to a hospital for attempting suicide and I don't want those feelings to come back but I can feel them slowly coming back because of everything that's going on.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out! We understand these things can be really hard to talk about and it takes a lot of courage to reach out. It sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot, and you may be feeling like you don’t have a lot of support.

It’s definitely understandable why you would be feeling this way. Running away is a big decision, and here at NRS we just want to make sure you have the information you need to make the best decision for you. If you decide to leave it could be important to be mindful of where you would go, how you would survive, and if you would go to school. Maybe it could be a good idea to talk through these things with a friend or trusted adult in your life. We are always here to support you in any way that we can and would be happy to talk through these possibilities if that is something you need. You can reach us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us through our website.

We’re sorry to hear you’ve struggled with fighting with your mom. It sounds like that may be really hard on you. Sometimes, it can be hard to communicate with parents, but maybe there are times when you guys do have productive conversations. It could be a good idea to think of what those instances look like, if they do exist. Writing a letter or sending your feelings over text could also be productive ways of communication if you feel like you can’t take with her.

It also sounds like you may be experiencing some suicidal thoughts or fears about them returning. We hope you have some supportive person in your life you can talk to about these feelings, maybe a family member or friend. There is also the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline who can provide support and resources for people who are experiencing thoughts about suicide. Their phone number is 1-800-273-8255. If you feel like you have no one to talk to, maybe this can be a resource you can consider using.

We hope this information is helpful as you consider how you’re feeling and what your options are. We hope you are able to find some support, and would love to give that to you if that is something you need. We are open 24/7 if you ever need to talk with someone.

Best of luck,

NRS

• I am Sam,from India..I don't feel comfortable with my family...we get into constant fights and things...I'm in my boards now and the last thing I need is them in my path..I feel extremely uncomfortable with my current atmosphere....For me suicide isn't an option since my belief doesn't follow it either...

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Sam,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi my name is Breanna I have depression and anxiety my parents hate me a lot I DONT know why I have told them before to give me away to my aunt they got mad and hit me I’m really terrified of them I need help I really want to run away I can’t no more what should I do

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X