Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away! I feel my family is becoming horrible because of me and imI sick and tired of trying to meet up to their expectations. They want to be perfect and all but they don't see their imperfections. They always find faults in me nd don't see that they are wrong too. I have to take care of my brother and sister while my mother is busy with her phone even my dad. My grandparents constantly nag at me nd I'm so sick nd tired that I just want to run away nd live my life by myself.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. One option is you could try talking to your parents about how you are feeling. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we will call out to your parents. Conference calling allows you to be heard, and we are there to mediate the conversation and provide support to you. Another option you could consider if you do not feel like talking with them is writing a note of how you feel, sometimes that helps get everything out you would want to say. We know it feels like at times there is no one to listen but just know there is always someone willing to listen. Sometimes talking to a school counselor or a licensed therapist may help you feel better.
      You also mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the laws. If you were to run away, your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police found you they would most likely bring you home. If you do decide to runaway you may want to think about safety, what you would do for food and water, and if there would be consequences for you running away.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support to you. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• Hey! Im 20 years old and Im a female from india I wanna run away from home because I live in my Nani ji's house and their children always says me to leave the house and live in my village but I don't want to live in my village because my father is a monster he used to beat me for no reason when I was young. now he got married to another woman and he didn't give divorce to my mom.he used to beat my mom so that she got mental issues and she can't do anything for me like earn money.my mama and masi says to leave the house cuz that is not my house they don't even want to give us food they just want get rid of us and father too.i tried to committed suicide several times but got saved by God I don't understand what to do I want to do job but they don't let me they just says to leave the house can u please help me? Im so depressed about it my Nani died this year and I feel alone what to do she used to love me so much.i wanna run away that's it PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. You deserve to be treated in a home where you are respected and treated fairly. Your father's behavior is unacceptable and no one deserves to be abused. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best of luck,
      NRS

• I can't really take this anymore. I've thought about running away so many times now, it's unbelievable. I'm tired of being physically and mentally abused for the stupidest stuff. my friend's parents all say that they would only take me in if I got kicked out, so idk what I should do. should I try to get myself kicked out so they'll let me stay with them?

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I want to run away too. I’m from India and belong to a orthodox hindu family which I thought was previously very open minded but turns out they aren’t. I’m 22 years old and they want me to get married to someone who lives hundreds pf miles away from my place. I don’t want a marriage but they surely do want one for me. That too soon. I want to do a job and be dependent but they are pressuring me. I’m getting anxiety attacks and the only way to secure myself is to run away.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline we are here to help and here to listen. What you are dealing with seems very difficult, and you do not deserve to be feeling pressured. We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. Because you are 22 years old you are considered an adult and would legally be allowed to leave home without permission.
      If you would like to give us a call or chat with us we can help you look for shelters in your area if you would need a place to stay. You could also consider seeing if you could stay with family or friends.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• I wanna run away I need help. My mom keeps telling me we wont have a relationship cause of who I wanna date. She makes me feel like I'm a baby or little kid and I'm 19 years old. She limits what I can do because I'm under her roof. Its always her way or the high way

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it makes sense that you would want some autonomy and to be able to date who you would like. Since you are over 18 you are considered a legal adult and can live where you please/feel comfortable. Some areas have TLPs (Transitional Living Programs) that are designed to help young people get on their feet and become self-sufficient. If you do leave home and are in need of shelter you can go to https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ to find a shelter near you.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• I just wanna run away,I am 13 and My friend made me graffiti behind a sign and I was stupid enough to listen to him, the cops saw me do it, made me call my parents over, my friend lied to the police saying he didn't write anything aanywhere even though he did, my parents don't trust me to do anything or go anywhere, they said I ruind my whole summer, i lost all my freedom, and my parents trust, they said that out of all my 7 siblings no one has done such a thing, they say they still love me but I don't believe them. That means I wont be able to hang out or do anything this summer and I have stuff on my criminal record now and my parents have taken away one of the most important things in my life, my skateboard. I wish it was all a dream. I just wanna run away i need help. sorry if i have bad grammar I have been to sad to do anything.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re feeling hurt with your parents’ response to what happened. It must be frustrating and painful to have them not believe you or trust you. What happened with the graffiti must have been a terrifying situation for you. It takes courage to reach out when you’re feeling down.

You mentioned they have taken away your skateboard and you aren’t allowed to do much this summer. That must make you feel extremely sad. It’s understandable that you’re in despair and have lost the motivation to do much. You mentioned you’re thinking of running away. We don’t give legal advice, but as you are still a minor, your parents could file a runaway report, and you could be returned home.

If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail and talk about options for where you would go if you ran away, you can call us here at 1-800-786-2929. We are here 24/7. We also have a chat option on our website, www.1800runaway.org. We can also discuss additional resources you may find helpful. Feel free to reach out to us, you are not alone.

Best,
      ​​​​​​​
      NRS

• I am the one who was talking about the graffiti before, I don't wanna runaway anymore, but i don't know how to earn my parents trust back or what to say to them cause right now my mim and I have barely talked since the graffiti insident and I don't want it to be like this all summer. I don't lknow what to do right now. I also have a girlfriend and I can't talk to her cause my mom took away my phone and she probably thinks I am ignoring her. and I hope my mom can trust me enough to hang out with her this summer now or I don't know what.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

It sounds like you're in a very frustrating and overwhelming situation since your parents are limiting your freedom and outside contact with others this summer. It sounds like you're worried about the trust between you and your mom. It may be beneficial to reach out to some additional supports to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can call us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can do a conference call with your mom to help mediate the conversation. You can also reach out to local family counseling/mediation agencies or ask a family member or trusted family friend to help facilitate and open and honest conversation with your mom.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• Hey I m 16 and I m from India I wanna runaway bed cause I really wanna live my life I m done with this exhausted life being pressurised for the things that I don't want to pursue know future my parents fights a lot and they never ever cared for me and my bro since childhood now they think that we are becoming mature so are not emotionally connected to us they don't know parenting really well

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

• I wanna run away.

My parents constantly invade my privacy, yell at me, refuse to let me change my name or even just call me by my preferred name. I need a solution before the end of the day that I can do asap because my dad caught me looking at a tumblr post that was kinda nsfw and now hes threatening to put blocks on my phone and computer and tell my mom. That's kind of a tame example but it happens a lot and with all the otehr stuff that's the tipping point for me. I feel like I'm about to crack. I just need an escape. I tried to run away before but I had no plan or phone I just had money and I was walking to the store and then my parents found me and I got in trouble. Please help!

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, and thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like there is a lot going on right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options.

You deserve to be treated with respect and at least be called by your preferred name. We are sorry to hear things at home are getting to the point where you feel as though you will crack. We would be happy to discuss what running away may look like (in terms of where you might go, what you might take with you), but would be best able to help via chat or phone (as there are often details that make everyone's situation unique).

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. If you'd like to talk in more detail about your situation or have any questions please call 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us (www.1800RUNAWAY.org). Best, NRS

• Well. Am 13 and i want ran away I hate my dad and my grandma is axis ousted person I ever met and sister is annoying and brother I don’t like him my is to much I can’t stand my family

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. Dealing with family situations can certainly be tough, and it’s not unusual to feel like you want to get away from your family. It sounds like you’re pretty stressed out about your current situation.

If you want to call us (1-800-RUNAWAY) or chat with us, we would be happy to discuss further what’s going in your family life. The decision to run away is a tough one, and we can talk about what it would involve and how to stay safe. You could also consider talking with your school counselor about your family situation, if you feel comfortable doing so.

Thanks again for contacting us; it’s not always easy to say that you need help, and we’re glad you did. We are a 24/7 hotline and you can chat with us or call us (1-800-RUNAWAY) at any time to talk further. Best, NRS

• I want to run away from home

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I want to stay away from home for a couple of days. Help. I am from Kolkata.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

Be safe,
      NRS

• I hate my mom I hate her I hate her I hate her I hate her I hate hate hate her don't like her I don't know how to behave with her attitude

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

It sounds like you're having a really difficult time with your mom. If you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can brainstorm some ideas to help you figure out what your options are in dealing with her. Or you can chat with us online by clicking on the chat option on our main website. We hope to hear from you soon! Good luck.

NRS

• Hello
    my name is **** i’m 15 and I want to run away
    i feel so trapped and it seems like the only solution to my problem is running away or at this point subside
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 09-05-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

• Hi I want to go away from every one but I dont know where to go , I live in Delhi, I'm 22 years old my life is a mess

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X