Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna run away please help!!!
    Im 17 n pregnant my boyfriend n me both want this baby. If my parents know about this i wont b alive nor will he b alive. We want to go away but scared if we will b caught thy will kill my boyfriend .
    From India

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Hi hello. I'm 18 but in my country, I'm not that "free" from my parents unlike US or UK. I have problems with my family. And I can't take it anymore. My family and I lived in my grandparents' house due to certain things. My dad and my grandparents didn't get along that good. That what makes me frustrating. All those screams, anger and so on. every single f day. I just I cant take it. My mom? She doesn't give a damn at all. Please I just wanna run away from this miserable hell house. I don't want to live here with them. Help me out please? I don't have enough money to run because everytime i tried to save it, my friends would just kind of want to borrow and stuff. I do self-harm quite a few time. I tried to kill myself but it didn't works. please help me, either help me to run away from home or help me to kill myself.

Comment

Reply: Hi hello. I'm 18 but in my country,

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello.
        i'm 16.
        My problems are not unlike anyone else's.
        I'm in India.
        Please help.
        I want to really go to the States.
        I do not know how.
        Please help me to run away to the states.
        Information is all I need.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. Unfortunately we are not experts on international law or immigration policies, so we are unable to assist you with running to the states. You mentioned being in India, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best,

NRS

I want to run away plz help me do so i luve in the united States in Louisiana and dont want my dad to know plz i cant deal with my moms death and i want to get away form bullies at school
        Last edited by ccsmod10; 01-27-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

It sounds like you are having a rough time at home and at school, but we want you to know that you are taking a big step by reaching out for help. If you want to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could action plan with you your options and help you work through what you think would be best for you. A couple of organizations that you could look to for help for bullying would be www.stopbullying.gov and www.Netsmartz.org. They could possibly provide you with some of the support that you may need.

Don't hesitate to reach out to them or to us to get the support that you need.

Good luck,

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Hey
            I'm from India. I want to run away to USA to practice as a dancer. My family won't ever let me become a dancer. I love dancing more than anything and want to learn at least 4 dance styles. I'm already16 n I feel dat wid every passing day, I'm just loosing time which could Hv been put to use to perform better. That is not all. I have no idea why parents got married in d first place. They r very different from each other n do not really get along. All my paternal uncles n aunts are settled in USA and we live with our grandparents. My dad n my grandfather also don't get along. My family might look okay from outside but it lacks d love and unity dat a family shld have. I feel no one understands how the situation is for me. Everyone is just so judgemental. I love fashion as well. I love taking care of my looks, working out and stuff. I feel the profession of a dancer is ideal for me. I just cannot explain how much I love dancing.

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA, and we do not have the knowledge base to assistance with international law or immigration issues. https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/. You might reach out to the Childline India Foundation for local assistance: childlineindia.org.in.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country. We also wish the best of luck pursuing your goals and dreams. We believe in you!

Best,

NRS

There are multiple reasons, that are valid, I can't name them all, but I have no where to go, what should I do? There is one family member that lives in the city I do, but she already has 3 other family members living with her and we're not very close at all. Should I find a friend?

Comment

• ccsmod10
              ccsmod10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. That sounds like a really stressful situation, but it sounds like you have some supportive people in your life.
              We don’t want to tell you what to do, but you call into us or chat with us online, we could help you explore options or talk through the pros and cons of your options.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. If you haven’t, you could also consider talking to your parents/guardians about how you’ve been feeling or have someone else help you talk to them.

There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need, help you talk through what you’ve been going through, or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you or contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

I also wanna run away from this house.

I am 30 years women. Got married to the love of my life. But, i am not able to adjust in here. My husband is in Merchant Navy, and we living in a joint family Its very difficult to stay with his mother. SHe is not a nice person...... its been 2 years now in this marriage, & because of her there has come lot of differences between me & my husband. I dont wana run also, as my parents will get hurt as they dont know that i am not happy here. & my husband is also stuck with his Mom... I dont knw what to do..... I am not able to plan family also, because i am going into depression...
            waiting for your reply. Hoping your suggestions might help....

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about what has been going on at home. As a legal adult you would be able to leave your home and would not be considered a runaway. If you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we would be able to look up things like shelters, mental health counseling and hotlines that you could utilize. Do you have other family members or friends that you could turn to during this difficult time? Most of our resources are for youth, but we are here to help in any way that we can.

Let us know how we can best help,

NRS

Comment

I wanna runaway

am 17 I live in Texas I have Asperger symdrome, ADHD, and Anxiety. I've been verbally bullied all my life, I moved to the US from mexico when I was 7, my mom is always yells at me, and critizes everything I do that makes me happy. All the adults in my keep telling me to just ignore the bullies, I don't do well in school, because I'm always stressed out because of everything else going on. If I were gone from people's life maybe they wouldn't have so many problems. If I were gone maybe people would be alot happier.

Comment

• ccsmod16
                  ccsmod16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there, we are glad you posted today! It sounds like life both at home and at school is very stressful and you are looking for a way out. It makes a lot of sense that you want to see things change and it was smart to reach out for help. We are here to listen and help!
                  We are not legal experts but we can provide some general information. In Texas, 18 is the age you can leave home without parental permission. Leaving without permission means your parents could file a runaway report with the police. It is not a crime to run away, but it is a status offense, like skipping school, and you are usually taken back home if the police find you.
                  Bullying is really tough to deal with and it sounds like all the adults you have reached out to have been of no real help. We have some links to websites on the topic of bullying. Perhaps these can help you in some way:
                  www.pacer.org/bullying
                  www.stopbullying.gov
                  www.netsmartz.com
                  We know you said adults haven’t been very helpful. Perhaps there are other adults you have not reached out to that may be more helpful: your principal, several teachers, school counselor or social worker.
                  You also mentioned that your mom yells at you and criticizes you along with this bullying and having Aspergers, ADHD, and anxiety. That is a lot for one person to handle! If you do not already, maybe talking to a therapist or counselor could be helpful. We have a database of resources for that so if you call or live chat us we can look up some in your local area. Our phone number (1-800-786-2929) is 24/7 and our live chat on our website is open every evening. Another resource for you to look up some support groups or therapists in your area is SAMHSA (substance abuse and mental health services administration) 1-877-726-4727, samhsa.org.
                  Your life sounds very stressful and it is understandable that it is overwhelming right now. If you ever want to talk about some of this stress, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also 24/7 at 1-8000-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
                  Thank you so much for reaching out today! It shows a lot of strength and we want you to be well. Call or chat us anytime to discuss more options and resources. Best of luck and be well!

Hi,I m yogita...i am 17 year old..nd i decided to leave my home after 18 to pursue my dream of becoming a supermodel..i knw that this is not any reason for leaving home bt i have no choice as i have a too much conservative indian family who will never allow me to be a supermodel..i m so afraid of them that i cant even tell them about it....i am in 12th now so after 18 i decided to go mumbai..so pls tell somw methhods to make a living there..

Comment

• ccsmod2
                  ccsmod2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/

Hey ,I also want to run away from my house. Every second I cry like hell nd my family didn't ever noticing me and said go out of the house where ever u want to go. So plz help me also to go to Mumbai.

Comment

• ccsmod3
                  ccsmod3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,
                  Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline, we appreciate you telling us a little bit about what is going on. It sounds like you are going through a tough situation right now at home and we are here to listen. You deserve to be cared for and your parents are responsible to do that. If you are under the age of 18, it is illegal for them to kick you out and you have the right to report it to the police or to Child Help 1-800-422-4453.
                  You talked about running away. We aren’t legal experts, but we have general knowledge about running away. In most states, running away isn’t illegal, but what is called a status offense. You can’t get arrested for it but it will mostly likely go on your record until you are 18. The police will only know if you have runaway if your parents/guardians file a police report. We can’t say for sure how the police will respond, but we hear a lot that police will take potential places you might be and will actively search for you. If they come across you, the most likely will return you home to your parents. Sometimes we hear that if you are staying with someone who knows you are a runaway and are not actively trying to return you or finding shelter for you, your guardians can press charges against the people who are housing you, with something that is called harboring. One of our main goals is to make sure you are safe, so you ever seriously decide to run away and need shelter, resources, or a safe place to go you can find safe locations at nationalsafeplace.org or reach out to us directly and we can find local resources in your area.
                  We are here for you and will support you in any way that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.
                  We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.
                  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Hi all
                Im strongly believe that I want to run away from home.. maybe out of india.so I don't want return to my home..it's big long story..well I need shelter..

Comment

• ccsmod15
                  ccsmod15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. It sounds like you may be located in India.

The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/

Good luck,

NRS

If by any chance...I had managed to harbor a runaway for a year or so...my family, failing to search for me have taken back all their files to report of my absence...and I have somehow met most of my basic needs...can i look out for another new family? After all, the primary intention of a child running away from home is to find a better life to live, a safer place to stay, and a loving family who would look up to all of his/her needs and concerns...so is there any possible chance of finding a new family because outspokenly, I am very tired of grappling for survival all by myself and I am now looking forward for a bright future where I can pursue my dreams and goals in life. To achieve these big aims, which are very important in my thought, I cannot work on them alone. I was unable to educate myself and continue school because I wasn't completely uphold in my financial status and I needed a person to fill in the spot of a "guardian of the child", to pay the fees etc.(whatever you have to do admit a child into a school). I had been struggling on the streets in search for trusted people (now that I find it even harder as #1 I cannot communicate nor socially be appropriate with people being an autistic #2 I'm scared that I might be discovered by the cops #3 In fear of encountering into dangerous dudes...and so on). I'm just inclined to a single illumination of finding new parents and to be raised like a normal child and like nothing such as whatever I'm going through right now has ever happened. I am stuck up in a much more worse condition than ever before. I do not originally live in the US- but I am planning to move here as it is a remote place from my parents' reach and I have found a possible route to come here (I suppose?)... I could go for Australia as I have a few relatives out there but then it would avail my parents a chance to find me. I have been successful all this while avoiding myself into my parent's hands and it has worked and I want to it to persist. I do not want any kind of advice regarding going back to them...it's another thing.
                Please help me. I'm pretty much aware that you guys are located in the US and cannot help me to a good extent, but could you guys help me with better resources, if possible? I tried those that you have mentioned for others but couldn't find them as helpful, friendly and confidentially-promising as this site. I cannot verbally speak to a person, as I have specified earlier- I am an autistic, so a chat-like thing would surely work. Thank you. I wish to write more, but then I think this is enough for now.

-A girl of age 14. India

Comment

• ccsmod10
                  ccsmod10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X