Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help.

hi I am a girl from Kolkata, India...I am totally helpless. .I know world is not safe for a girl except own home...still dont know whether I am on the right path or not..I just wanna run away from mt house , from this society..I have no reasons to live my life...repeating in the same class for last 3years and I am totally ashamed of myself. ..cannot take this pain anymore ...I don't have that strength anymore to bear this pain. ..have no words to describe my feelings right now...enough I have tried to be strong...3years of my life got wasted like anything. ..after so much of effort I have failed to pass ...totally broken I am.

Comment

Re: I need help.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best of luck,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

I wanna run away, please help.

I am studying Engineering 2nd year. I want to leave this life behind as I am tired of running around to gain marks! I want to run away because my parents won't agree to leave my studies. Please help me out and guide me to lead an independent life.

Comment

Re: i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Hello and thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you and your parents have different expectations for your studies. You seem to be feeling unhappy and no longer wanting to focus on engineering. That can be understandable. We, however, are unable to offer direct advice or guidance. We may be able to locate some agencies in your area that can better help with your long-term goals of independent living. If you would like to talk more about your situation and wanted to look into some resources, please consider calling our crisis line or chatting with us. Our chat and phone line information can be found at the bottom of this post.

We are here to listen and explore options with you and hope to hear from you soon.

We wish you well,

NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Help me plz

I'm only 10 but I'm still abused at home. I don't know my real parents and want to runawy cause of all the problems. I'm afraid to leave the house cause last time I tired to run away I was beaten locked in my room and was starved almost to death. The abuse at home is only hard slaps and bats. They only leave red spots for a day or two. My "big brother" is their real son and when they hit me he just stands in the shadows watch,smilies,and laughs. If anyone is reading this plz contact me [personal information removed] plz help me be for its to late
            Last edited by ccsmod16; 01-22-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovecoat View Post
              I'm only 10 but I'm still abused at home. I don't know my real parents and want to runawy cause of all the problems. I'm afraid to leave the house cause last time I tired to run away I was beaten locked in my room and was starved almost to death. The abuse at home is only hard slaps and bats. They only leave red spots for a day or two. My "big brother" is their real son and when they hit me he just stands in the shadows watch,smilies,and laughs. If anyone is reading this plz contact me [personal information removed] plz help me be for its to late

Hello, NRS here. Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, you should know that you do not deserve to be treated this way, and especially not by your family.

Second, you should know that our number is always open and confidential - you can reach us a 1-800-786-2929, and a NRS helper can help talk you through your situation. This is probably the best way for us to understand your situation and how to best help you right away.

Third, have you considered contacting the Child Help USA Hotline at 1-800-422-4453? They might be able to help you with the abuse you are facing at home with your parents. Have you also talked with anyone at school you trust, such as a teacher? Your teachers are adults who could help step in and help you with what is going on at home.

You'll notice that we have removed your phone number from your original post - unfortunately, because these are public posts, personal information is usually removed. However, we again encourage you to call in to the National Runaway Safeline Hotline at 1-800-786-2929, where we can help best help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I saw you guys are planning to runaway . now m in a similar situation , not that I have anything lacking from my family side ,infact its the contrary . no its me and I have to go away . we are all in india so we can form a group and go away . we can plan and stuff so that we don't end up in a bad situation . being in a group where we can trust each other is always nice . so what do you say ? Answer back and we can start contacting each other and plan .
                hey i am 20 years old from india.... i want to leave my house because my family has made my life miserable.. i am not allowed to go anywhere out of my house. Please help me!!!! And if the group can contact me please

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. There is a resource in India called Childline India Foundation. You can call 1098 or go to www.childlineindia.org.in for help in your country. Because this is an anonymous and confidential forum, it cannot be used to trade contact information or form a group. We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best of luck,

NRS

Comment

I'm 17 years old & I get constant nagging from my mom leading to the point where I just want to leave. One day I'd be doing homework & she'd come into my room & start telling me things on how I'm lazy & don't do anything around the house. She'll constantly compare me to my older brother who's away at university. Then another day she'll yell at me for having bad grades & continue to nag on how I'm lazy & getting fat. It just doesn't make sense, she'll yell at me for doing homework & not helping with house things, then she'll come around & yell at me for having bad grades & being stupid. It doesnt make sense. I have an older brother who suffers from mild depression & anxiety. He says most of it comes from my mother because she acted the same way to him when he was living at home. I just feel like I'll end up the same. I start to doubt myself a lot & feel really stressed about school. I don't know what to do. I feel like the only person I can talk to about this is my brother. How should I handle these situations?

Comment

• ccsmod16
                      ccsmod16 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are here to help. It seems that you are in an unpleasant situation. It is understandable that you feel stressed out and you want to leave home because of the circumstances with your mom.
                      It seems that you feel mistreated by your mom. Evidently you did not do anything wrong. This might be a pattern in her behavior, since your brother experienced the same with her. If you do decide to runaway, you should know that in most states running away is not against the law, but it is consider a status offense. That means that it is illegal because you are a minor, just like an underage smoking or drinking. If you leave home without permission or stay away longer than you are supposed to, your parents can file you as a runaway in the local Police Department. Also, if you are staying at a friend’s house or somewhere your parents did not give you permission to be, they can face possibly legal consequences.

Another option would be an emancipation. Which is a legal proclamation of independence. Basically, you have to prove to the court that you can support and take care of yourself. However, not every state has the emancipation proclamation option for minors. In addition, a possible solution could be an alternative living arrangement. This is a legal procedure. The alternative living arrangement involves placing you with responsible family member (other than a parent or primary caregiver) or close adult family friend. For this one, since Child Protective Services are not involved in your situation, your mother must willingly agree to do it.

This is just a basic information explaining your options, if you decide to leave home. However, we are not legal experts and we cannot be certain. If you want to talk more in depth about your circumstances please feel free to call us on 1-800-786-2929, or chat with us on our website. We can provide you with many resources, which could be helpful for you.

Again, we are really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We are here to listen, here to help.

Hello
                    Myself im from india
                    My family says that im a burden for them they even say that bcoz of me they cant even njoy simple things like go out for a dinner watch a movie and even cooking a good dish
                    They put a lot more stress while im in my studies
                    That i cant even study anymore and hate studies so that finally i have decided to leave my house and stay somewhere else independently without any stress or pain im a teenager i can write , read and even work under the sun.But what in my mind is to learn any kind of arts like paintin dance and even defense arts as thinkin that nothing can be learnt for free...so i would like to work somewhere and start earning for myself is there any help that u could do for me..please i beg you
                    PS: cant handle stress anymore!

Comment

• ccsmod1
                      ccsmod1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hello,

Please see our response below in the comment to your second post.

Hello there
                    Im 18 from india andhra pradesh
                    I have decided to leave my house and start living independently bcoz my parents keep on saying that im a burden for them my father has a lotore blood pressure problem and keeps on yelling at me trust me its not the affection its anger hes yelling with my mother who works as a teacher comes to house at evening puts a lot ore pressure in studies doing engineering is my pasdion i have a zeal and will of steel for it but due to some backlogs they have decided to join me in a degree of bachelor of sciences. I hate that course.so theres only one sentence keeps on striking im my brain that suicide is not the only situation not everyone is an engineer .i want to learn arts like painting singin dncing martial arts..i can read i can write and even i can work under the hot sun like a contract labour so please help me to get me away from home i beg you!

Comment

• ccsmod1
                      ccsmod1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
                      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    group

I saw you guys are planning to runaway . now m in a similar situation , not that I have anything lacking from my family side ,infact its the contrary . no its me and I have to go away . we are all in india so we can form a group and go away . we can plan and stuff so that we don't end up in a bad situation . being in a group where we can trust each other is always nice . so what do you say ? Answer back and we can start contacting each other and plan .
                    Dude i agree with u

Comment

I want to run away from home

Comment

Reply: I want to runaway from home.

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
                        Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn.
                        We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
                        We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.
                        If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.
                        Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
                        NRS is here to listen and here to help.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
                        NRS

Comment

I'm Elina and I simply want a better place to live the rest of my life. I'm 16year old and I'm helplessly choking myself living a suppressed life within four walls. I live with my dad, a person who could not achieve anything major as he expected but blames everyone else for his downfall, my mom, a lady with degraded self-esteem but a supressed daring woman, and my younger brother, who thinks everything is a joke (but he's suffering the same as I am). I live in India but I really can't live here anymore. Especially with the community I live. Though I love in the city, I'm surrounded by people with conservative and restricted minds. It's suffocating and horrible. I can't think anything innovative around here. Everything I do is always bull********. It's seems I never make sense to them. I'm being verbally abused everyday by my dad. My mother gets the Daily Dose too. My brother has completely lost the light of ever having a good future. It's sad and depressing to witness all this every morning and continues until I close eyes o sleep. We can't help but live with my dad, because my mother cannot sustain both me and my brother. We're wrecked financially. It has become very hard to live breathing in these abuses. Other members in my family can't really take us in because they fear that if they do, we might cling on to them. I feel I'm unaccepted by all. I feel like a pain in the ass for my mom. I'm hopeless because I don't have enough guts to commit suicide. I'm broken because the family that I dreamed of, the future that I wished to live and the present that's wanted to cherish is all discarded on the floor ripped to pieces. I really don't know what's to do. If you can please, please help us, we'd unconditionally be grateful to you. Please.

Comment

• ccsmod9
                            ccsmod9 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hello Elina,
                            Thank you for coming to the National Runaway Safeline and telling us your story. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help. You’re certainly faced with a lot. We want to tell you that we think you’re very strong to have endured such abuse for so long. You do not deserve to be treated that way.
                            We want to help you the best we can. Unfortunately, we’re based in the United States. We don’t have specific knowledge of runaway and abused children laws in India. However, if you referred to an organization called Child Help International, you might be able to find a hotline or network in India that can help you.
                            https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/
                            We want you to stay strong. You’ve already been so brave by reaching out for help. We hope that this link can provide you with access to local resources.
                            Best of luck,
                            NRS
                        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X