Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: I want to run away from my house temporarily

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: i wanna run away from home. please help me.

I am 18 year old girl . I am technically a defective piece as I have many operations and the most noticeable one is that I have 4 fingers in my left-hand . I have always been loved by my parents because they have no option as it was their fault that has caused me problems . I feel bad now that people always ask me about my childhood and has been called alien by people. I had crushes on many boys and never told them and never had any interests in me . My parents give me stress relating to studies and this has caused me to leave studies as they feel they are spending too much . My parents don't let me live a normal life and insist on being a matured person something which I don't want to be . They just care about their reputation so to make themselves look good in society ,they have made me alive . I am a burden to them and neither I know how to housework or studies neither I am good-looking . I want to runaway so that I don't want to be with people who are just troubling and harassing me and the only thing I know is to be rich person . I know running away is not easy but I can't take it any longer so please help me .

Comment

Re: Re: i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have really been struggling at home for a while but we are really glad that you have contacted us and shared a bit of your story. We’re here to listen and here to help the best that we can.

You shared that you are 18 years of age, and you have had some operations that are noticeable and have caused difficulty growing up as far as being called names. This had to have been difficult. You do not deserve to be called names by anybody. It sounds like you are feeling like you are not prepared to do anything as far as studies or house-work. These things can be very hard depending on the individual. You seem like a resourceful person to have found us and reached out for help, and that’s something to be proud of.

We’re not legal experts, but generally speaking in most states the legal age of an adult is 18. This means that you have the right to leave home without consent from legal guardians. To find out for certain if that is the case in your particular city/county/state, you can call your local law enforcement and ask hypothetically. Another option you have is to call us here at (800) RUNAWAY (786 2929), and we could make that call out either for you or along with you.

Please, do not hesitate to call or chat with us in order to talk in more detail about your specific situation. We’re here to help you the best that we can.

Best,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Please Help

I live in India and i am 16. I'm in need to run away from my home desperately because at home nobody loves me, and no i dont even think they care the least bit. They dont allow me to do anything and when i do anyting they scold a lot and even though i didnt do anything wrong they scold me and some times beat me. They take out their official frustration at home.

The reason i need to getnout of India is that Im gay and the people here are really narrow minded and its officially illegal to be gay here. And even if it is legalized the society wont ever accept me and im done with hiding in the closet. I need to escape from this hell because if anybody knows that i am gay they will bully me like hell and my parents will mostly send me to counselling or send me to a psychiatrist. I dont wanna live in india anymore. I have friends in Australia and in the U.s. I have planned if i dont get chances to run away im plannng to save until i am 21 and fly to the u.s.

Comment

Re: Please Help

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We are sorry to hear you are feeling unloved and unsupported by your family. You deserve to be happy and to be loved and supported. We are based in the United States, and we’re not quite sure how we can help. We did find an organization in India called Childline India Foundation CHILDLINE India Foundation by calling 1098 or visiting http://www.childlineindia.org.in/ for more information on how they may help or resources they may be able to offer.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
            NRS

Comment

Re: i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Hi i'm 16 years old and I want to runaway from home so badly, I wanna go live with my boyfriend and if I tell my mom she is going to hate me and she is really strict, please help me find a way to runaway from my house. Thank You!

Comment

re: I wanna run away from home. please help me

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. At this time we are unable to help you to run away. That isn't one of the services we offer. It is actually against the law to help a youth run away. There are sometimes emergency shelters, but those will only allow you to stay there for a limited period of time, and then would need parental consent after that. Also, if you leave there is the chance you would be made to go back home. Staying with someone else runs the risk that they may be charged with harboring a runaway. If you are considering leaving and have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

NRS

Comment

Run away from home

I m an Indian boy and I just don't want to live in this house as always they scold me shout at me and what not......
                  In public they behave as if they are kind but only I know how they are . I really don't want to be a pat of my family anymore . If I get a chance anytime I will surely leave this house and would stay somewhere . But m sure that after leaving this home I will have a happy life

Comment

re: run away from home

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
                    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

NRS

Comment

I want to run away from my home

I want to runaway from home because my family didn't think for me I am 20 year
                      old and I want to go far from my hometo become a good or
                      rich men or

Comment

Re: I want to run away from my home

Hello and thanks for reaching out on our forum. It sounds like you are thinking about leaving home at 20 and are trying to figure out what to do. You mentioned you want to go far; however, we are not sure of your exact plan. If you'd like to talk further, we encourage you to try out our Live Chat which opens today at 4:30pm CST. Good luck!

Comment

help

My dad use to punch and hit me all the tume and everyday im afraid he might do it again. I want to run away so i dont have to worry anymore. Please help me!😢

Comment

RE: help

Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. We are glad that you were able to find us and post a message on our public forum. By helping you out during your crisis, we hope that others that are reading this can also be helped if they are going through a similar situation.
                            No one deserves to be treated like that at all. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect) to your local police department, family member, or child protective service in your state. If that is something that you don’t really feel comfortable with doing, you can always give us a call to help answer any questions about the process or to walk you through what steps there are.

From your post to us, it sounds like you have are going through a very hard time right now and seem to be very overwhelmed with everything that is going on. It’s great that you are able to reach out for help in your current situation, it’s very brave of you to do that. It must be very frustrating to be living with your mother. One thing that may be helpful for you is to possibly note when the abuse/yelling is happening or any triggers of the abuse/yelling (like after your abuser comes from work or after dinner and/or right when you get home) and to try to find things that can keep yourself away from home during those times (after school programs, sports program, study group at a friend’s house, getting involved in your volunteering, etc.). If you feel that you are in danger of being hurt by your father, you can always call out to the police to have them come over and check up on things. Otherwise you might be able to go to a youth shelter to stay if you do find yourself without a place to go and you can give us a call to help you find someplace.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you about what has been going on recently. We also have an online chat service available every day.

Comment

I want to run away

I want ro run away i am a kid my mom and others dont care about me

I have been wanting to get out sence 8 years old now
                              They say things like you are dumb and call me stupid please help because today was the last strike

Comment

Re: I want to run away

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you have been going through a lot for a long time now at home, and you want to run away. We are sorry to hear you are going through this and we are here for you.

We are not legal experts, but we want to give you a general sense of what it might look like if you run away. Running away is not illegal, rather it is a status offense due to your age. 18 is usually the legal age when you can leave home without permission from your parents. The legal age and runaway policies can change from state to state and city to city. Typically if your parents file a runaway report and you encounter the police, they will take you back to your parents. If you do run away to someone else’s house, they could possibly be charged with harboring a runaway.

We strongly encourage you to call in or live chat with us if you want to talk about your situation more and brainstorm your options. We can also provide you with local shelter or counseling resources if you would like.

Best wishes,

NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X