Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I wanna run away I hate my life

My name is ***** I just turned 18 I'm still in high school I live in the United States .. I hate my life I been bullied my whole life about my weight how ugly I am, I been bullied by my family and people out in public I just hate everything this whole summer has been a disaster I been through so much I hate it!!!!!! My mom always telling me to leave her house my brother is always trying to fight me my dad doesn't care about me I have no friends I just wanna cry right now !!!! I really wish i was dead I know crying is no good but all I could do is cry I hate life I hate everything
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 08-23-2015, 01:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    RE: I really want to run away. hurt completely

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really bad situation at home. You deserve to be safe at home, and it sounds like you are being slapped, hit, and ridiculed by your brother and your mom. That sounds very painful and stressful to deal with. Our organization is located in the United States, and we are not familiar with laws or resources outside the US. We are glad that you reached out to us, it takes so much strength to reach out for help. It sounds like you are ready to leave and start your own career and life. If you need to talk about your options, a local resource in India might be a good place to start. Here are two crisis hotlines in India that might be a good resource for you:
    Child Line: Call 1098 or go to http://www.childlineindia.org.in/
    Domestic Violence Helpline: Call +91-9423827818 or go to www.dvhindia.com
    If you need to talk, we are here to support you however we can. Wishing you the best of luck,

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I really want to run away.hurt completely

I am a 23 old years woman.and i am going through a pathetic situation.a girl could ever be.i am an indian.my mom my parents just never understand me.whenever i come to them to say something they ignore me as if i am a kid.i had a boyfriend and soon i realized that he was not worth getting married too.but he started blackmailing me,through many sorts of ********.initially my marents were my support but later they started taunting me on it with very harsh and cheap words.my ex already took my confidence down and my dad and my mother abuse and hurts me.on the top of it my big brother!!he has now cleared his IAS Examination my parents truuly proud of him and i am just a piece of ******** at there home creating issues for them.yesterday i had a fight with my brother on a very small thing ,he just barked like ******** to me ,and when i told this to my mom she instead starting saying me.today when i came to her to say sorry (just to finish this ********) we had a fight again and she slapped me,later she came to me and when again i started complaing against my brother she started crying terribly out of no where.my brother hit me so bad so bad for this.i just want to run away and start my own career i am tired of all ******** and i dont even want cause of my this act my mom hurt herself!!il die if il npt move out!!this is killing me!!!what should i do?should i run away?help me guys

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    RE: hey dude

Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your message to us, it sounds like you have are going through a very hard time right now and seem to be very overwhelmed with everything that is going on It must be very frustrating to have to keep hearing your parents fighting with each other.

Unfortunately, we don’t know much about resources in India for we mainly work within the United States. But there are resources that might be able to help you. There is the “Childline” (http://www.childlineindia.org.in/). Hopefully this place is more able to help you in your situation.

It also sounds like your dealing with some low self-confidence mainly taking place in the school setting. Have you tried talking about what you have been feeling lately with anyone (i.e close friends, family members, school counselor, etc)? It might be helpful to have someone that you really trust to know what is going on with your and your feels, they can always provide you with direct support in person if you needed it. You might also do some self-care activities that you can practice on your own whenever you’re feeling a little down. Some things that you can think about doing is, setting small goals and celebrating them when they are achieved, maybe make a list of positive traits that you like about yourself (personal or public traits), trying your very best to refrain from comparing yourself to others at school or home, maybe establishing a hobby that makes you feel good about yourself, even try challenging your negative thoughts by asking their validity or by rethinking them in a positive manner (i.e. turn "I am a slow worker" into "I am a worker who takes time to do well at a task"). Starting a journal could also help you with these task. Does this sound like something that you can do?
    Last edited by ccsmod8; 08-09-2015, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hey dude

Hey

I am 15 from India and I am thinking of just running away from home I have every facilities I home internet game food I mean everything but the problem is my mother father they are always fighting fighting fighting fighting idk what to do anyways I live with my dad now my mom divorced my father but still my mom dad is not denied their fight I remember when I was kid I would keep my head between my legs so that I don't hear and see the fight . Second problem is my grades studies etc I am the weakest in class my marks are just freaking ******** its 000000000 nothing idk why I go school idk why I stay at home I am just totally frustrated hope u can help a Indian :'(

can u give ur fb

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod14
    replied
    Re: I want to run away

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have been having a hard time lately and we are here to help you out the best that we can.

You said that you are afraid of your dad because he is aggressive. That must be a difficult thing to deal with. You deserve to feel safe at home. Have you ever talked to him about the way that he’s been making you feel? If you haven’t talked to your dad, have you talked to anyone else in your family about it? One thing we offer here at NRS is conference calling. That means if you were to call into our hotline at 1 800 RUNAWAY, we could make a call out to your dad with you on the line with us, so that we could mediate a conversation between the two of you. This would be an opportunity to let him know how you’ve been feeling with a third party on the line to make sure that the conversation is productive and fair.

You mentioned that you often have suicidal thoughts. We want to give you the National Suicide Hotline that you can call any time (or us, too) that you are having such thoughts: 1 800 273 TALK (8255). When you think about committing suicide, what is it that brings you out of thinking this? Do you talk to any close friends or family about it, or practice a hobby that is helpful, like writing or something of that sort? This can be a hard thing to cope with, but we are glad to know that you are reaching out for help to deal with this.

You said that you often think about running away as well. We do not give advice here, we will not tell you to run away or stay at home, because you know your situation better than we do. Our priority is always safety, so we want to make sure that whatever choice that you make, you are safe in doing so. With that in mind, there are a few things that might be helpful to think about before leaving your home, if you do decide to do so:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

If you need any other information, resources, or just simply want to talk more we are here to support you the best that we can. Our 24/7 hotline, 1 800 RUNAWAY is anonymous and confidential. We also have a chat option available from 4:30pm to 11:30pm CST if you prefer to talk online.

We wish you the best of luck with everything and hope to hear from you again soon.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I want to run away

Im 14 and I hate my home . I feel blamed for everything I feel unloved and uncared for my parents are always working and since im the oldest they get mad at me for everything . Ive thought of running away several times I just dont know what to do . I feel like no one understands me and im alone . I often have suicidal thoughts and just want to be gone . My dad is very aggresive and yells at me and my parents are starting to have problems and there has been times that I dont want to come home because im scared of my dad . I just want to leave and live alone and be away from my family . I dont know what to do and I need someone to help please

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    replied
    RE: Runaway

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It was very brave of you to share your story. It sounds like living at home is tough for you. We're sorry to hear that you get hit at home; no one deserves to be hit by family.

It sounds like you want to run away to the United States. How would you get here? If you do come to the US, where would you stay? Do you know anyone in the United States? How can you be safe, whether at home or elsewhere? These are all some questions to consider. Unfortunately, our database mainly has resources for the United States; however, I did find a helpline in India. That number is 2549 7777.

If you'd like to talk further about all of this, you can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're available 24/7 on our safeline. You can also chat with us from 4:30 to 11:30 pm Central time by going to www.1800runaway.org and clicking the red live chat button.

Best of luck with your Olympics dreams and more,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Runaway

I am 12 and wanna runaway because my mother loves my brother more than she does me she says mean things to me and also thrashes me my father also scolds me for almost everything I do and I have to help them in some stupid household chores too.
    And my mother is very nice in public. My brother beats me the most he is 6 years elder to me so I can't even ever win the fight besides he is really short tempered so if he is angry he would break nearly everything available to him like he has already broken 2 tables and 1 more table's glass and that was a toughened glass! can you imagine and even if I didn't do anything they would blame it all to me so I wanna runaway.Help I am from India and wanna run away to USA and I do have a specific reason to runaway to USA because I wanna train there as a gymnast and go to the Olympics.The facilities available here are also not very good and we are beaten by our coaches and seniors too!
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SOON
    FROM INDIA

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    replied
    Thanks for your support of this youth. If you need more information or need to talk through options, please feel free to reach out at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day and completely confidential and anonymous. If calling isn's you're thing, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

Good luck to you all,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Suicide i need somebody

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    I'm 13 years old and I'm being bullied verbally in school. The school doesn't really help me. All they said was to ignore the rumors...I don't want to tell my dad what's going on...I just want to run away...please help me.
    I will help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    replied
    re: I wanna run away

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you are going through a lot at school. You do not deserve to be treated that way by people at your school. We can imagine that it is very hard situation to not be listened to by your school. You deserve to have your voice heard. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

It was very brave of you to reach out for some guidance tonight. Who else have you talked to about this besides us and your school? Sometimes when we are facing things like verbal abuse and bullying, it is helpful to get support around us. Who else can you think of that might be able to support you? It’s not easy reaching out for help, but it sounds like you know how to do it (you reached out to us!).

There are some websites that might be helpful to you:
    www.stopbullying.gov
    www.netsmartz.org
    www.paceer.org/bullying
    They can talk through with you ways to try and stop the bullying and the resources that are available to you in your school.

We are here to talk with if you decide to run. Making sure that you are safe if you decide to leave is our number one concern. So if you decide to leave, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can talk through options with you.

We wish you the best of luck and look forward to your call,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wanna run away

I'm 13 years old and I'm being bullied verbally in school. The school doesn't really help me. All they said was to ignore the rumors...I don't want to tell my dad what's going on...I just want to run away...please help me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    RE: group

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and taking interest in this thread. Because this is a confidential and anonymous bulletin board run by the National Runaway Safeline, our moderators cannot post any personal information, email addresses, or names in this forum. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, but this page is not designed to help kids run away or form groups. Please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you want to talk. If you are located in India, check out http://www.childlineindia.org.in/ for help, or call 1098 to talk to someone at Childline India. Thank you for reaching out and supporting each other on this bulletin board.

Thanks,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    group

I saw you guys are planning to runaway . now m in a similar situation , not that I have anything lacking from my family side ,infact its the contrary . no its me and I have to go away . we are all in india so we can form a group and go away . we can plan and stuff so that we don't end up in a bad situation . being in a group where we can trust each other is always nice . so what do you say ? Answer back and we can start contacting each other and plan .

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X