Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel the same way as everyone here talking about running away because of family

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hey people! I'm almost 15, and I really hate my parents. They act all good and caring but they really think I'm worthless, an obstacle. I wanna pursue a career in gaming. Gaming makes me feel complete, it gives me happiness, satisfaction. They always stop me. They say I can't do it, they always speak out for the things they have done for me, the things i bought with THEIR money, staying at THEIR house, and using THEIR things. My mom curses me, swears at me a lot, hits me sometimes. I fight back, I try to defend myself, and then she acts as if I hit her. She and my father have serious anger issues. I really wanna leave home and start living independently. Btw, I live in India, so you might not be much help.But it feels good to let out things. Thanks for letting me talk!
    I just need some advice on how to run away from home, how to survive alone, independently.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
      Stay safe,
      NRS

• Hi I'm...13 years old,
    Every day in my family seems to be like a living hell I never actually got loved by them instead They abuse me a lot I really want to run away from here plz help me
    ccsmod15
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-01-2021, 03:57 PM. Reason: Deleted youth's name to preserve anonymity

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline today. We are so sorry to hear that you are in such a frightening and difficult situation. You truly do not deserve to be abused in any way; you deserve to feel safe and supported in your own home.

You don’t say if you have ever considered reporting this abuse to child protective services but, if you are interested in doing this, there are several ways you can go about is. First, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and we can help you file an abuse report. You can also contact the national child abuse reporting hotline, Childhelp at 1-800-422-4453, and they can assist you as well. Finally, you can talk with a trusted adult who might be able to help advocate for you. If you choose to talk with a teacher or medical professional, they are mandated reporters and have a lot of experience in these situations.

Another thing to remember is that you can always call 911 if you feel threatened or unsafe.

If you don’t have access to a phone, you can contact us through the digital chat feature on our website, www.1800RUNAWAY.org. We are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. We are here to listen and to help. We have a large database of resources around the country, and we will work with you to find needed services. We can also talk about strategies to help you keep yourself safe…we genuinely care about your safety.

Please call or chat…we hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

• Hi. I'm 13 and wanna run away from home. My parents don't let me have anything and the question which always harrases me is, " What are you doing?". I can't do anything on my own. They always asks me whenever I do anything. Please help me. I cannot stand it anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• hi, im 14 years old teenager from malaysia. I really wanted to runaway since I was 7 or something but I had no idea where else I can go. my mom has been abuse me since I was 4 and now I really can't stand it, I really wanna runaway or end my life because I think there's still no hope for me to live in this darkness. I once ran to one of my friend's house but then my mom caught me and got me back home. pls help me where can I go.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5
      Super Moderator
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, it sounds like things have been tough at home. We're sorry you have had to deal with abuse from your mom for some time, it is understandable for you to want to leave the situation. We want to help as best we can, but a majority of our resources are based in the United States alone. A great resource to try out is Child Help International https://www.childhelplineinternational.org/ They are helpful with explaining your rights and options across the globe. Please reach out to local authorities if you feel you may be in any immediate danger.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Stay safe,
      NRS.
      ccsmod5
      Super Moderator
      Last edited by ccsmod5; 10-23-2021, 01:07 AM.

• Hey,

My situation isn't as grave as some of the others here, but I feel insanely pressurized from school and home, and feel like my parents misunderstand me and don't support me the way I need them to. All I want is to be independent - where I am not constantly given deadlines and can face the repercussions of my own mistakes. I have proven in the past my ability to take something up and exceed expectations. All I want is a chance. Leave me alone and I will produce results. But each time they knock on my door (and I mean several times a day) asking for an update on work, I just feel burnt out. Give me a break. I want to run away to my grandparents and just figure my own life out. I'm 17 and in India, but at this point, I just want to start working and make a living for myself. I don't want to follow their orders anymore. When they think I'm showing attitude, they take my computer away. I'm showing attitude because you don't respect the one request I have - to trust me to complete my work because this is for my own future.

Comment

• Help im 15 and i wanna run away from ********ty house im tired of being here im so ********ing tired of it all.

Comment

• Hey I am a 12 year old boy. I am sacred of my dad to talk about things. My parents keep on blaming me that I break things at home. My elder sister is also not supportive.
        I want to be a football player but they all say that football is just a passion not a career and sometimes say that i will be useless in life.
        Because of this i want to run away from my home and i live in india
        pls advise me about what should I do

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15
          Super Moderator
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems like you're considering leaving home and want to know about the potential consequences.
          To be frank, if you are under 18 leaving home without parental permission can be tricky. While running away is not illegal, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway which means that if you are caught you will have to return home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. Further, if you have run away before, have outstanding warrants, or are on probation, some states have laws in place that can hold legal implications if you repeatedly leave home. However, we are not legal experts and this depends on your state.
          We are here as support through this challenging time and we can best help by having a conversation with you either by phone on our hotline or chatting us through our website. We truly hope to hear from you soon so that we can listen and help.
          Be safe,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
      x
      x
      Working...
      X