Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i wanna run away from home. please help me.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanna run away from home. please help me.

hey, i'm 16 from india and i wanna run away from home. i'm having all kinda family problems. i really wanna leave.
    i feel like i 'm an obstacle to my family.
    my dad died wen m about 6yrs old. my mom got remarried n i live with my aunts. my àunt didnt get married and she blame me for that. she acts so nice and carring for me in public. so, people like my friend etc said that i'm like a princess. but actually, she scolds me lik hell wen we are alone. she said things she shouldn't i cried almost everyday. i cant take this pain anymore i feel like i will be out of my mind someday... i'v tried to suicide several times. so, please help me. i dont have anyone to talk to.

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now and we hope to be able to help you out. Unfortunately, we are located in the United States but we may be able to help you find some resources located in India.

We are sorry to hear that your aunt says mean things to you that make you cry. Nobody deserves to feel unsafe or afraid in their home. We are also sorry to hear that your dad passed when you were young. Can you tell us more about why you are currently living with your aunt?

You also mentioned that you had tried suicide several times and feel that you have nobody to talk with. Are there any trusted adults in your life (teachers, friends parents, etc..) that you feel comfortable talking with? We were able to locate an agency in India called Childline India Foundation; you can call them by dialing 1098 but they also have a website (www.childlineindia.org.in) that you can look at as well.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need more resources. We have chat services available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) through our website if you would like to talk with someone that way instead.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Wanna run away!!!!

My name is Jared I'm 16 year old boy.live in The United States.i haven't seen my dad in 5 years ever scene my mom n dad got divorced so u know that but a Hurt on me well recently like 5 mins ago me and my mom got in to a huge argument and no it's not like a little argument it a huge argument I can't even count on my hands how many we get in to a month it's very tiring and sick of it and right now as I type this I'm packing my bagg wish me luck

Comment

I wanna run away from home. Please help.

Hello,
        Thank you for posting to the National Runaway Safeline bulletin board.
        We are sorry to hear about your situation.
        We understand how hard divorce can be on the children involved it sounds like it has been very emotional for you.
        Were able to talk about your feelings with anyone?
        Counseling has been one option that many children of divorce have considered or tried.
        It may be a way to establish better communication methods between you and your mom.
        Does that sound like something you might want to try?

Sometimes people just want someone to listen; they want to be able to express their feelings.
        Good for you reaching out to do just that.

It sounds like you are considering leaving home but do have a plan as to where you will go?
        Your safety is very important and while one can understand about needing some time to think or just get away for a while it’s a good idea to of a sense about staying safe.
        Does that make sense?

We are available 24hrs a day and you can call our toll free crisis line at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) to discuss some possible options such a safe place or counseling services.

You can also reach us by visiting our website and joining in on our live chat service available from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST) 7 days a week at: www.1800Runaway.org or contact us via our email address info@1800Runaway.org

We appreciate the fact that you reached out to NRS and want to assure you that we have an open ear with confidentiality and you may call anonymous.
        Take care
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Plz read

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          hey, i'm 16 from india and i wanna run away from home. i'm having all kinda family problems. i really wanna leave.
          i feel like i 'm an obstacle to my family.
          my dad died wen m about 6yrs old. my mom got remarried n i live with my aunts. my àunt didnt get married and she blame me for that. she acts so nice and carring for me in public. so, people like my friend etc said that i'm like a princess. but actually, she scolds me lik hell wen we are alone. she said things she shouldn't i cried almost everyday. i cant take this pain anymore i feel like i will be out of my mind someday... i'v tried to suicide several times. so, please help me. i dont have anyone to talk to.
          I dnt think these helpline wud do anything to help,
          I too am planning to run away and hav a similar problem to urs
          Let me knw how I can contact u and we can work something out

Comment

RE: Plz Read.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here on the National Runaway Safeline Bulletin boards. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. If you need some help, please call our 24 hour hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY. These Bulletin Boards are confidential and anonymous, so keep in mind that if you put your contact info into a post it might not make it onto the bulletin board. You must be going through a difficult time right now. Please call 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us on this website between 4:30pm and 11:30pm Central Standard time. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

Best of luck,

NRS

Comment

group

I saw you guys are planning to runaway . now m in a similar situation , not that I have anything lacking from my family side ,infact its the contrary . no its me and I have to go away . we are all in india so we can form a group and go away . we can plan and stuff so that we don't end up in a bad situation . being in a group where we can trust each other is always nice . so what do you say ? Answer back and we can start contacting each other and plan .

Comment

RE: group

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and taking interest in this thread. Because this is a confidential and anonymous bulletin board run by the National Runaway Safeline, our moderators cannot post any personal information, email addresses, or names in this forum. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, but this page is not designed to help kids run away or form groups. Please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you want to talk. If you are located in India, check out http://www.childlineindia.org.in/ for help, or call 1098 to talk to someone at Childline India. Thank you for reaching out and supporting each other on this bulletin board.

Thanks,

NRS

Comment

I wanna run away

I'm 13 years old and I'm being bullied verbally in school. The school doesn't really help me. All they said was to ignore the rumors...I don't want to tell my dad what's going on...I just want to run away...please help me.

Comment

re: I wanna run away

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you are going through a lot at school. You do not deserve to be treated that way by people at your school. We can imagine that it is very hard situation to not be listened to by your school. You deserve to have your voice heard. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

It was very brave of you to reach out for some guidance tonight. Who else have you talked to about this besides us and your school? Sometimes when we are facing things like verbal abuse and bullying, it is helpful to get support around us. Who else can you think of that might be able to support you? It’s not easy reaching out for help, but it sounds like you know how to do it (you reached out to us!).

There are some websites that might be helpful to you:
                    www.stopbullying.gov
                    www.netsmartz.org
                    www.paceer.org/bullying
                    They can talk through with you ways to try and stop the bullying and the resources that are available to you in your school.

We are here to talk with if you decide to run. Making sure that you are safe if you decide to leave is our number one concern. So if you decide to leave, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can talk through options with you.

We wish you the best of luck and look forward to your call,

NRS

Comment

Suicide i need somebody

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                      I'm 13 years old and I'm being bullied verbally in school. The school doesn't really help me. All they said was to ignore the rumors...I don't want to tell my dad what's going on...I just want to run away...please help me.
                      I will help

Comment

Thanks for your support of this youth. If you need more information or need to talk through options, please feel free to reach out at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day and completely confidential and anonymous. If calling isn's you're thing, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

Good luck to you all,

NRS

Comment

Runaway

I am 12 and wanna runaway because my mother loves my brother more than she does me she says mean things to me and also thrashes me my father also scolds me for almost everything I do and I have to help them in some stupid household chores too.
                          And my mother is very nice in public. My brother beats me the most he is 6 years elder to me so I can't even ever win the fight besides he is really short tempered so if he is angry he would break nearly everything available to him like he has already broken 2 tables and 1 more table's glass and that was a toughened glass! can you imagine and even if I didn't do anything they would blame it all to me so I wanna runaway.Help I am from India and wanna run away to USA and I do have a specific reason to runaway to USA because I wanna train there as a gymnast and go to the Olympics.The facilities available here are also not very good and we are beaten by our coaches and seniors too!
                          PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          SOON
                          FROM INDIA

Comment

RE: Runaway

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It was very brave of you to share your story. It sounds like living at home is tough for you. We're sorry to hear that you get hit at home; no one deserves to be hit by family.

It sounds like you want to run away to the United States. How would you get here? If you do come to the US, where would you stay? Do you know anyone in the United States? How can you be safe, whether at home or elsewhere? These are all some questions to consider. Unfortunately, our database mainly has resources for the United States; however, I did find a helpline in India. That number is 2549 7777.

If you'd like to talk further about all of this, you can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're available 24/7 on our safeline. You can also chat with us from 4:30 to 11:30 pm Central time by going to www.1800runaway.org and clicking the red live chat button.

Best of luck with your Olympics dreams and more,

NRS

Comment

I want to run away

Im 14 and I hate my home . I feel blamed for everything I feel unloved and uncared for my parents are always working and since im the oldest they get mad at me for everything . Ive thought of running away several times I just dont know what to do . I feel like no one understands me and im alone . I often have suicidal thoughts and just want to be gone . My dad is very aggresive and yells at me and my parents are starting to have problems and there has been times that I dont want to come home because im scared of my dad . I just want to leave and live alone and be away from my family . I dont know what to do and I need someone to help please

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X