X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod10
    replied
    Re: 14 yr old having Family Issues is in the state of confusion and saddness &gt;.&lt;

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are in an abusive situation at home. No one deserves to be treated that way. You also mentioned that your family does not seem to understand how you feel, and that you hold different beliefs. That must be very difficult to deal with.

Have you ever considered filing an abuse report with child protective services? That is something that we could help you with if you were to contact us on our 24/7 crisis line 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). You also mentioned that you have considered calling the police about your situation, but that you have some fears about doing this. Calling the police is always an option, especially if you do not feel safe.

You also mentioned that you have thought about running away from home. Although we are not legal experts, we can tell you that running away from home in most states isn't illegal. It's considered a status offense and usually you can't get arrested for that. If you leave, your parents file a runaway report, and police do find you, most likely they will just take you back home. Sometimes police detain runaway youth temporarily, but unless youth commit another crime, they normally do not have grounds to place them in juvenile detention.

If you would like to further discuss your options, or obtain helpful resources please contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or via chat from 4:30 pm to 11:30 pm CST at 1800runaway.org

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• 14 yr old having Family Issues is in the state of confusion and saddness >.<

Okay so im 14 yr old and i'v been expierencing some family issues lately. I'v been getting phyiscally and verbally abused and im afraid that just one i'll just do something really unmature. It's diffcult to bear with this since no one in the family can quite understand how you feel and also due to my family being relgious i just can't follow the religion which leads to more abuse. I try to at least pretend to follow religion till i turn 18 and go on my own but then other the conflicts for other reasons come up as well which i cant bear with it. We often fight have conflicts over unmature things for example my family had once caused physical and verbal abuse over a pen that was lost . I was framed for taking it. I try my best to not be disrespectful to work out the conflicts and mature way but then it leads to yelling abuse and my family just dont want a calm conversation. Iv been getting help from countless numbers of schools but in the end the conflicts got worse. I realize the schools I went don't want to take drastic mesures just talking it out with my family but because of talking it out it just led to more physical and verbal conflict. Our family do give us food, clothing, and provide us for what what we need but the abuse they caused toward is wrong. Some of the conflicts we have are just confusing unmature. My father had choked me at least twice causing verbal and physical abuse and same with my mother. My little sister tries to not get involved rushing to her room. We thought about contacting the police to leave this family as fast as possible but our fears are restraining us and when ever theres conflicts forming the neighbors don't want to get involved to help us. Im hoping for one of my friends to come during this summer so that my fears will at least ease but what happens if it dosen't go as i plan like if my friend dosen't come? Is the only option is to try not to get your fears involved and call the police? I thought about running away but then i realized if i were to do that thats consider illegal since im a minor. T.T Im really at the start of confusion unsure what to do.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X