Confused and desperate.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused and desperate.

I'm in 7th grade and part of me wants to run away..I've bin bullied sence around 2nd grade, everything from emotional abuse to physical abuse...I have a girl freind (thats part of why I'm bullied) and she is having a really hard time at home.. She wants to run away. She means the word to me and if she left, I'd probably go insane. We have bin threw just about everything together and we are very close, we are almost NEVER apart. At the beginning of this year I started self harming..it got to the point where now I'm covered in scars, all over my arms and my thighs. (Agein, another reson why I get bullied) she helped me recover and if she left I know I would relapse. But anyway, we have a plan and we really want to run away. My dad and my grandmother (they both live with me) don't give a ******** about me. Not at all. My mom cares though and I'm a little upset about leaving her...I really want to just go, but what about the few things I'll be leaving behind? I'm not sure..I just can't take being here anymore...help.

Re: Confused and desperate

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. Sounds like you've been through a lot for the past few years. It's good to hear that you have a solid connection with your girlfriend and you’re there for one another. Sounds like you’re considering making some big decisions and we’re glad you’re doing some work trying to find out what your options might be.

It sounds like you’re dealing with not only your issues of being bullied and harassed at school but also trying to help your girlfriend. That’s a huge load to carry and it might be good to see what it is that this means to you: what would it mean to you if you left home and what is it that you need and the kind of help you’re looking for. That way, if you know what this mean, you’d be more equipped with planning and what your next step might be. It can be difficult to plan for two people and what they need and want. As much as you’ve been through similar stuff, you both can handle things differently.

You also stated that your mom is someone you’ll miss leaving behind. Is that someone you can talk to about this? Would she try and help you get your needs met? Is she a supportive person that would protect and advocate on your behalf?

You’re going through a lot, not to mention what your girlfriend is going through. And you’re doing a good thing: trying to find out what your next step will be. It might be good to talk about this some more and find out what’s available to you and what things will look like when you decide to do something. It already seems like you’re doing something…you’re asking for help. We’re here for that.

We’re an anonymous, confidential and 24/hour crisis hotline. We can speak with you more about your situation and talk about what kinds of things are doable for you. We’re here to talk and not judge. Call us whenever you can at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X