Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 15 and a female.

My family is the problem. They fight a lot and they break and damage things like tables, walls and decorations. I live with my mom, dad and older brother. When my parents fight it gets intense and terrifying, My dad hits my mom then she'll hit back and it scares me and once my dad pushed my brother very hard and he went flying back. Another time my mom repeatedly stomped on my brothers chest when he as on the floor. It's not my parents all the time though, my older brother fights with them a lot, he doesn't hit them or anything he just gets extremely angry and punches holes in the walls. That scares me to. The three of them constantly yell and fight almost everyday and they drag me in the middle of it. I tried staying quiet but it gets harder everyday and I can't sleep, I silently cry at night, I attempted suicide, I feel alone and depressed, and I'm terrified that one day they're going to end up killing each other. To be honest, I don't want to live with them anymore, they all terrify me and make me angry and insecure. They don't make me happy because they usually insult me, yell at me for no reason and they put so much stress on me that I can't bear it. My parents don't hit me but they threaten to. I don't feel safe around them. I want to tell someone but I'm worried that nothing will happen or that they'll judge me and tell me to deal with it, so I go to school everyday with a smile on my face and act as if nothing is wrong even if all I want to do is break down and cry. A few people have asked me if something was wrong but I would be too scared to answer them. I want to know what I should do and who to talk to.

re: I'm 15 and a female.

Hi

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about the way things are going at home. It sounds pretty scary and frustrating to have to constantly witness your love ones fight. It sounds like your voice is often drowned out by their fighting. It sounds like it can be challenging to not have anyone you can talk to about what is going on. You mentioned that you are terrified and don’t feel safe at home. You also mentioned that you attempted suicide. Is anyone in your family aware of this? Sometimes it is beneficial to talk to someone after surviving such an ordeal. The National Suicide Hotline is available 24/7 by dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

It can be scary to think about telling someone else because you are unsure as to how they will respond. Unfortunately in order to seek out help you might have to tell someone. Is there anyone in your life that you trust? It may easier to talk to someone you feel safe with and trust. You mentioned that you are 15. Your age as well as your location may play a part in some of the options that are available. It sounds like you are very strong individual. It is awful that you have to deal with this. You should not have to deal with so much stress and carry so many burdens.

It sounds like you no longer want to live in that same household. Are there safe alternative housing options available to you, such as other relatives? Depending on your location, there may be youth shelters available. Depending on what you would like to see happen, you may be able to talk to some with Child Protective Services. It may be easier to discuss your options via our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our hotline is available 24/7 and we are confidential, anonymous, and toll-free. We look forward to hearing from you. And remember if you ever feel like your immediate safety is at risk, you can dial 9-11.

Best Wishes
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X