Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15, runaway, female

I just can't handle this. My family is so unaccepting. I'm schizophrenic and I've ruined their perfection. I'm thinking a double runaway with someone who's a bit older (16 or so) or waiting till I'm 16 so I can get an apartment and job. But I don't know where to start. Where to go. Who to go with. I know I could make it on my own but it's hard.

15,runaway,female

Hi,
    Thank you for posting.

It sounds like you have been feeling pretty down because you feel you family won’t accept you out of a sense of perfection.
    We’re sorry you are going through a tough time.
    How did you get the knowledge that you are Schizophrenic?

We understand how overwhelming this must be; it’s very good of you to reach out.
    You came up with a very positive way to express your thoughts.
    Sometimes just having someone to listen to may help bring about some relief from the stress you might be feeling.

Do you have anyone you feel close enough or respect enough to talk with about your situation?
    It may help if you can find some positive things to do like reading, listening to music or having a hobby.

It sounds like you are trying to come up with some ideas to leave home either by running away or waiting until you are old enough to get an apartment.
    Is that right?

Sharing your ideas and trying to come up with a plan shows some courage. Good for you.
    It’s also good to weigh your options; for example what makes running away seem like it might be something you might consider? Getting an apartment and landing a job sounds like a nice plan. Have you started looking for information independent living programs?
    Having a good plan to survive and being comfortable in your surroundings is important.
    Your safety is very important.

We understand your feelings about being accepted by your family no one could blame you for wanting that.
    Your feelings are important. It would be nice if you could have your voice heard and your feelings respected.
    We would welcome the opportunity to listen to you about your situation and go over with you any options you might want to discuss.

We have a national data base of services for individual and family counseling.
    There also may be services for youth who have or are considering running away from home.
    Services like drop in outreach centers or emergency youth runaway shelters.
    How does that sound?

You can call our 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) 24hr crisis line and speak with one of our crisis liners.
    We are non judgmental and NRS is a confidential crisis line.

We thank you again for posting on our NRS bulletin board at www.1800Runaway.org
    Take care
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X