Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway age 14 (almost 15)

There isn't a problem with my family. There's only a problem with me. I'm schizophrenic, I selfharm, and I'm just a burden on my perfect family. They wouldn't love me if they knew all of this. They are very Christian and hate anything that's problematic. I would love to run away and I know I could make it on my own but I don't know where to go. I'm thinking of waiting till I'm 16 and can get a job and apartment or running away with someone who is a bit older. Joint runaway? Haha sounds perfect to me. But idk where to even start.

Re: Runaway age 14 (almost 15)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. We’re so sorry to know you’re feeling like you are a problem or a burden to your family. That sounds like it can feel lonely and burdening on you. You are your parent’s child meaning they are supposed to support you in what you’re going through. Have you talked to them at all about what’s going on? They may understand and want to help you more than you think. Regardless of the situation we’re here for you as support and we can offer you shelter resources if need be, but we do not help youth runaway from home. We want to keep you safe and off the streets.

Please give us a call at our 24 hour confidential hotline 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chat with us any day from 4:30-11:30pm central time.

Best of luck,
    NRS Supervisor
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X