Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i live my house at 17 in California

I want live my house i can't stand my mom anymore she always mad and she always get her angry out on me and she tells me that one of this days she gonna hit me so hard that i wouldn't be able to recognize my self. i wonder if i can get In any trouble for living my house at 17 can the police bring me back home by the way i live in California. I was thinking to go live with my boyfriend

Can I leave my house at 17 in California

Hello,
    Thanks for posting at www.1800Runaway.org.
    We are so sorry to hear how bad things are for you at home.
    No one deserves to be mistreated or spoken to in such an abusive manner.
    It must feel like quite a challenge for you to be in such an environment.

We respect that you felt comfortable enough to tell us about your situation and to seek information about your legal status.
    At NRS we are not legal experts so we can only give what is a general answer to your question.
    In most states the majority age is 18 yrs of age since you are now 17 yrs old your parents most likely are still considered your legal guardians.
    If this is the case in regards to your situation your parents could possibly contact the police and report you as a runaway. This may allow the police to detain you if you are picked up and held until and your parents are notified and you’re released in their custody.
    Does that make sense?

We often present the option for a person concerned about the age of majority to contact the non-emergency number of your local police department for more specific information on this matter.
    If you do not want to contact the police there may be a legal aid resource in your area where you can get this information as well.

You are welcome to contact our 24hr 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) crisis line and perhaps we can locate a legal aid referral in your town.

Thank you again for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take Care
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X