No announcement yet.

im 16 and i want to runaway

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to run away

I'm 16 turning 17 in march, I want to run away from home because my parents force religion on me, I told them I don't believe in God and I have scientific reasons to not and they still make me go to church, I went to church today and brought my homework to do because I want to do something productive but my Dad god mad and then started saying things, mentally torturing me, I love my parents but I'm not happy, I don't have peace.

Comment

Re: want to run away

Hi,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us; it was a very brave thing to do.

The situation with your parents sounds very difficult. You mentioned you want to run away because of it. If this is something you are still thinking about, it may be a good idea to establish a plan to ensure you are as safe as possible, as well as to think about where you would go, how you would get there, and what you would do if things do not work out.
      We are not legal experts, but if you were to run away, a couple things could happen. Your parents could file you as a runaway with the police. Because you are not close to turning 18, it is possible they might actively look for you. Another thing that may happen is the person you are staying with could get in trouble for harboring a runaway.
      If you are hesitant about leaving, you might try talking to your parents and let them know how you feel. Here at NRS, we offer a conference call service; you could call us and then we could call to your parents. We would stay on the line while you talk about what is going on at home and try to work things out. Another good person to talk to face-to-face could be a school counselor or a teacher you trust.

Thank you again for reaching out to us. Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I'm 16 years old and I too want to run away from my family. Lately these days all my parents do is threaten to take me out of school and take away my car and basically everything I have bc all I do is respond back to their question. I have 2 younger brothers who all put the blame on me!!!!! I have so much homework and I am basically failing school bc all my parents do is yell at me and make me do stuff for them. I can't take it anymore I even got kicked out of the house for calling my brother a b**** and they wouldn't let me back in the house so I had to walk 6 miles to my grandma's house and I slept over there. I just really can't take it and I need help with what to do!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          We are glad you are reaching out to us because we are here to help and to listen. It sounds like you’re going through a difficult situation, and no one deserves to be kicked out of their house and made to walk 6 miles to get somewhere safe. While we are not legal experts, we know that being told to leave the home can be considered neglect, which can be considered a form of abuse. If you wanted to talk to someone here at National Runaway Safeline, you can call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929. We could talk with you about your situation and provide some information about filing or reporting the abuse if you wanted to.

If you didn’t want to talk about abuse reporting just yet, we can also talk to you about your options concerning living somewhere else that is safe and will be a better environment for your schoolwork. If your parents file a runaway report, they could charge anyone that you stay with with harboring a runaway report. They may not press charges against your grandma, but it might be a good option to let her (or anyone else that you might stay with) know that charges might be a possibility. Is your grandma who you would want to stay with permanently?

Our number one concern is your safety, so we want to make sure that wherever you go next is a better environment than where you are leaving. As we mentioned, we are glad you are reaching out to us because we are here to help. As we said her are available to talk with you about any of the options discussed in this email or can talk through any thoughts you may be having 24/7.

Best of Luck

I want to run Away I feel trapped I don’t lmwo
        what is happening with me I’m 16 I love my family but I need to get out of here I feel like I’m going crazy I’m scared my parents woudl hate me and never forgive me if I run away

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a stressful time right now. You may want to consider reaching out to your school counselor about how you are feeling. Sometimes talking to someone about your feelings might make you feel better, and it could also help you find ways to cope with the way you are feeling. You also mentioned having thoughts of running away, have you given this a lot of thought? Running away is a serious decision, and you may want to think about safety, how you would get food, and what would you do if you do not feel safe. We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
          NRS

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a stressful time right now. You may want to consider reaching out to your school counselor about how you are feeling. Sometimes talking to someone about your feelings might make you feel better, and it could also help you find ways to cope with the way you are feeling. You also mentioned having thoughts of running away, have you given this a lot of thought? Running away is a serious decision, and you may want to think about safety, how you would get food, and what would you do if you do not feel safe. We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X