No announcement yet.

im 16 and i want to runaway

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 16 and i want to runaway

hello im 16 just turn it and I want to runaway. im tired of my parents both of them they get me mad and im just tired of them. when I tell them something nice and calm they respond to me like that I did something wrong they talk to me in a angry voice and I always tell them that I don't like that when I tell them nice and then they keep saying how sencitive I am and im tired of that I don't like that at all. Does it matter I just want to leave the house. What will the police do? They get me angry when I respond to them in a mad voice they threat me to punch my teeth all out and leave me with no teeth. Can someone help me

im 16 and i want to runaway

Hello,

We’re very glad you decided to reach out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are really tired of your parents getting mad at you. That does not sound like a good place to be right now. We are sorry to hear they threaten to punch all your teeth out. Being threatened can be scary. We can’t tell you whether to leave home or not, but we can talk to you about your safety and possible options. We can’t say for certain what police will do, but many parents choose to file a runaway report with police. If they found you, they would more than likely just take you back home. In the meantime, you can check out this link to our website http://www.1800runaway.org/youth/nrs_can_help/. We offer common things to consider before running.

We encourage you to contact us directly to continue discussing your situation. We offer Live Chat every day from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. There is always our hotline too, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) which is available 24/7. Best of luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

What do I do?

Im 16, nearly 17 in may and I am really upset how my parents are treating me. I have a boyfriend how is 54 but parents dont know about him. We have been together for 9months and havent had no problems with each other. But my parents seem to try and stick there nose in and they think that my bf is my friends dad which it is and they have said some really horrible things about him and because I love him they want to see a reaction and it hurts me so much just wanna run away and hide or kill myself because if ive gotta live here till im 18 I dont see the point of living I cant be myself becuse my parents control me where I go and sometimes even follows me. Ive had enough of them and badly need to get out before I crack up. Its making me ill and extremly unwell. Thanks for any support

Comment

re: What do I do?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now with your parents and their feelings about your boyfriend. The fact that you feel like you can’t keep living in this situation until you're 18 and are considering running away or killing yourself shows that something definitely needs to change so that you can be more comfortable and happy, which you definitely deserve to feel.

Just so you know, you can call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or live chat with us 4:30pm – 11:30pm CST, we are here to talk about what’s going on and help get you any resources you may need. Another number that you can always try contacting is the National Suicide Hotline, 1-800-273-TALK, they are also there 24/7 to provide support. So, besides these resources, do you have anyone in your life who you can talk to about everything that is going on? Whether it’s a friend, relative, teacher, counselor…having somebody to confide in might make the whole situation seem more manageable.

It seems like your parents are the biggest part of your problems at home, but have you ever tried telling them how you feel about what’s going on? If that’s ever something that you are interested in, but are nervous about how it will go, having a friend or other adult there may be helpful. Here at NRS, we also offer a conference call service, so we could be like mediators in the conversation to make sure that everyone gets to say what they need to, and then help come up with solutions.

Of course, if you don’t feel comfortable going to any of those people, we can always help connect you to counseling resources in your area, or if you do decide to leave home, we can look for shelters or discuss what other living arrangement options you may have. It seems like you are really trying to make the best decision for you in this situation, and we just want to make sure you are safe in whatever choices you make. Again, you can call us anytime.

Good luck with everything,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I'm 16 and want to runaway

I've just left high school and I'm 16 nearly 17 and I don't know exactly what I want to do with my life however I know for definite that I do not want to go to college, I have got a place in college already. However i want a job but everyone sees me as a really confident outgoing person which to me I do not see. I feel lonely all the time and can never make conversation with anyone I find it so hard to speak to people, and my parents just seem to be getting really angry at me and shouting at me saying I need to just get a grip with my life. I just don't know what to do, I feel as if nothing is ever good enough and I'm good enough for nothing. I just want to pack all my stuff and go, and never ever come back. I just want to go somewhere, where I can be myself even though I don't quite know what that is yet.

Comment

Re: im 16 and i want to runaway

Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.

Comment

I'm 16 and want to run away

I'm 16 and I just want to leave. I just feel trapped in this routine everyday between school and work I'm never home. I'm losing friends because I never see them out of school anymore. My parents won't let me quit my job and I just dont know what to do. I know this doesn't sound that bad but I just hate everything right now.

Comment

re: I'm 16 and want to run away

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you're going through so much right now. You're dealing with school, family, social life and work - that sounds really overwhelming for sure. It was smart of you to reach out. So let's see how we can help you out tonight.

Sometimes when we are feeling really overwhelmed, we find that it's helpful to talk with someone about it. Certainly that doesn't solve all our problems, but sometimes just having someone else know what we're going through can be a good way to get the support that we're looking for. Who in your life do you feel like you're able to talk with? Getting all these things off your chest might be one step for you.

It seems like you're in need of a little bit of a break. If you feel like you need to leave, there might be a few places around you where you can stay for a night or two. You can check out www.nationalsafeplace.org and click on your state in the upper right corner. We also have a huge database here with a lot of other resources.

It's understandable that you feel pretty bad about things that are going on right now. That's okay to feel that way. We're here to support you through all of this. If you want to talk more about anything, need to vent or want to see what resources are near to you, you can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If calling isn't your thing, you can talk with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS

Comment

im 16 and I want to run away

Hello,
                  I want to runaway from everyone. I am so tired of my life. Ive thought about this for a very long time, and I know this what I feel like I should do. I have a perfect life honestly, im pretty, I have everything I have ever wanted. But im just not happy. In terrible at making friends, Im antisocial and I just feel like I dont belong here. I know if I do this I will hurt a lot of people, but if I don't ill be so unhappy. What used to make me content before, I don't feel anything now. I need a new life, yeah yeah I know im only 16 but im not the average teenager. I dont go out or drink I dont do anything..everyone thinks im so perfect when im really just so lost. Runaway would be my solution

Comment

I'm 16 an I want to run away

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
                    It sounds like you are thinking about running away from home.
                    Sometimes things can feel a bit overwhelming and it seems like the only option is to run a way.
                    It's okay we understand that you might be feeling unhappy with the way things have been going.
                    Expressing how one feels can be pretty hard to do sometimes, we are glad you are reaching out to NRS. Good for you.

NRS is here to listen here to help. You are welcome to call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) to speak to one of our crisis liners about your feelings or your situation. Does that make sense?
                    NRS live chat is also an available outlet to express your feelings or talk about options.
                    just stop by our website www.1800Runaway.org and click on the live chat button.
                    NRS live chat is available from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).

Thanks again for contacting NRS.
                    Take Care

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey
                    Last edited by ccsmod4; 09-24-2014, 08:05 AM.

Comment

16 and ready to run

Last night my parents started an argument with me in a very public setting and when we returned home I was in tears. Several days ago we had an argument that turned physical. When we got home last night my step father came into my room and he was very clearly intoxicated. He stopped my mom from talking and got very close to me and told me that if I ever show any disrespect to my mom he'd take me where no one would hear me scream and he'd kill me. When I called him out for threatening me He told me it was a promise. When I expressed my fear to my mom she blew me off. I do not feel safe and I need to leave. I have a safe place to go but I need to make sure that this generous family is not jeopardized for looking out for my safety. Is there a way?

Comment

RE: 16 and ready to run

Hello there -

If you have contacted us here at the National Runaway Safeline today through another means (i.e live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Thank you for understanding!

Comment

I'm 16 and I want to run away

Hi, I'm a little different than everyone else here. I have a privileged life, I go to a great school (therefore I have good grammar, unlike most others on this).
                          My reason isn't really easy to understand...I'm 16 and the youngest of four children, and I'm a girl. I'm definitely the least favorite child, and I always have been. Apparently I act as if the world revolves around me..I don't even mean to do that. Apparently I ask too much of everyone, apparently I'm a brat, apparently I'm self-centered. If my whole family says these things I'm sure it's true. I'm tired of being that. I KNOW I'm a burden to everyone. And I hate the fact that without me, I know for certain things would be easier and everyone would be happier. I don't feel loved...And at this age, that's what people need.
                          I want to run away, but being a 16 year old girl it's pretty dangerous. I really want to, what do I do? Is there any way I can stay safe if I do? Thank you and please respond quickly.

Comment

RE: I'm 16 and I want to run away

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing with us some of what has been going on. We are glad that you have decided to reach out, no one deserves to be made to feel like they are a burden. It sounds like you feel your family thinks this of you, however it does not necessarily mean it is true. You are a young individual and this is the time that you should be finding yourself and trying to figure out what it is you want, you asking questions can be what that looks like. We are so sorry to hear that your family is not supportive of you and a result you do not feel loved. It must be really hard for you to be there, and that is understandable. We are not here to tell you what to do or to tell you what is best for you, we are here to listen and support you in what ways we can.

You are asking some really great questions and it sounds like you are trying to think what your best option is. Unfortunately we are not legal experts, but we can speak in general terms. Generally you are an adult until you turn 18. If you were to leave home before then without parental permission, then your parents would be able to file a runaway report with the police. Running away is not a criminal offense, it is a status offense. This means that you cannot get arrested for running away. If you were found then the police would most likely bring you back home. However, if you decided to stay with someone then they could be charged with harboring a runaway and the severity of that varies from state to state.

It sounds like you are not getting the support that you need from your family. You are right in that you need to be feel loved. This might be a time for you to look to see if there is someone outside of your family that is able to give you that support. Again, no one deserves to be made to feel like they are burden, and we are so sorry to hear that is how you feel in your own home. Maybe you can look to a trusted adult to help support you during this time in trying to figure out what is best for you. A trusted adult can be a trusted family member, a friends parents, or if there is someone at school that you feel comfortable talking to. They may be able to help come up with options in staying safe or might be able to talk to you and your parents. Sometimes it can be helpful when someone from the outside mediates the conversation to make sure that both voices are being heard. That is also a service that we offer here at NRS. It is our conference call service and this is when you would call us and we would call out to your parents and mediate the situation to try to find possible solutions of options for you.

Some things to think about if you were to leave would be

-Is where you are going safer then home?
                            -what would you do if things ever became unsafe? Who would you turn to?
                            -How would you support yourself? Money? Food? Shelter? Transportation?
                            -are you thinking about continuing going to school? What would that look like for you?
                            -Do you have someone that is willing to take the risk of harboring a runaway in order to stay in a safe place?
                            -Have you don’t all that you can do to make home better? If not, what do you think you can do? If so, who can you talk to about is to help you through making the decision if you should leave or not?

We hoped this helped and if you would like to discuss your situation n greater detail then you can always give our hotline a call or you can chat with us on our website. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the best of luck.

NRS

Comment

I'm 16 and me and my bf want to run a way

Me and my bf are sick of people treating us like crap and we have talked about hiding out/running away for a few weeks but the more I think about it the more I want to do it we just can't take it no more I think it's a good idea but I really don't know what to do

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X