• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod0
    replied
    RE: I hate my dad

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us tonight. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really tough time. We’re sorry that you’re going through all of this. It seems like a truly scary time. Your dad absolutely does not have a right to treat you and your mom that way. We can’t imagine how difficult all of this must be for you. But we do know how brave it was of you to reach out for some support. When we go through really struggling times, it can be so important to talk with other people about it. It was smart of you to contact us. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

Have you mentioned what you are going through to anyone in your life? Having had dealt with this so long, by yourself, can be really exhausting. Sometimes reaching out to a trusted friend, neighbor or teacher can help to ease the situation.

So you mentioned that you don’t want to call the police because you are nervous you won’t get into the high school that you want. That sounds like a tough decision to make. On one hand, it sounds like you want to protect yourself and your mom. And on the other hand, it sounds like you want to make sure that you have a bright future. Sometimes when we are faced with a choice like that one, it can be helpful to make pro/con list. Here at NRS, when we don’t know what to do, sometimes we think about what our friends might say to us. That can help us decide how to move forward.

One resource that might be helpful to you is the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. Even if you aren’t feeling like you are going to hurt yourself right in the moment, they can be good to talk with and might provide you with other resources. Another good one is the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.

You are incredible for having dealt with this for so long. We hope that these suggestions help and we also hope to be a support system for you. You had also said that you are thinking about running away. We would really like to talk with you about that. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) at anytime. We are here 24 hours a day and are completely confidential and anonymous. If you can’t call, you can also reach us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you.

We are here to talk if you need anything. Stay strong and best of luck,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic I hate my dad

I hate my dad

My dad always abuses my mom and today he carried her over his shoulder out of the house with no shoes or nothing and drived her to her moms house. They actually were gonna get a divorce in the summer from my mom but my dad convinced her not to because he said he was gonna take full custody of me and my siblings and show them her medical records (she is like bipolar and make me sad all the time and tells all the time and she takes medicine) so my mom broke the thing that said she and my dad can't see eachother and went to my dad house and then they cancelled the thing. Also like a month ago my dad taked away my moms medicine and she needs it and she was screaming and crying for it and he said no, just because my mom bought me some jeans from target and he doesn't like target and he was hitting her and everything. This has actually been going on since I was a baby and I don't wanna call police cuz I'm afraid my mom will like send me to public school instead of my private school and I won't get into high school I want. I'm really sad and yeah I been thinking of dying but I didn't. Everyday I think in my mind, I hate my life I wish I would die. When my mom or dad makes me feel bad about my self that's what I think or when my dad abuses my mom. Please help I want to run away but I'm scared ill get kidnapped and don't know where to ho
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X