Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying brothers

I'm 13 and I have two younger brothers. I'm very sensitize about my body and weight and appearance. The oldest of my brothers constantly bully's me to the point of tears every day. He comments on my weight and body in cruel sick waysI don't react to his taunting and have previously told him very politely to stop. I don't feel like I'm living in a safe environment and my parents do nothing about it. I've told them multiple times how his actions hurt me and they just brush it off as sibling rivalry. I just have to sit there and take it. I can't do it anymore. My house isn't a place I want to be at

re: Bullying Brothers

Hi there- thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry to hear about how you are being treated by your brothers and that your parents aren’t providing the support that you are looking for. Weight and body appearance can be very sensitive topics and it can be so hurtful when we are teased for those things. How you feel matters and it’s great that you had the courage to ask your brother to stop. Is there anyone that you feel is supportive of you or is safe to talk with about your feelings?

If you are interested, we have many resources for counselors or others that you could talk with about what’s going on. You can also go to the website www.stopbullying.gov for ways to deal with bullying. If you are also experiencing bullying in school or from other people, you can also go to www.pacer.org and create a plan of action for bullying. We are completely confidential and anonymous and available 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are also available from 4:30-11:30pm CST through our live chat at 1800runaway.org. Please feel free to contact us if you need additional help,

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X