My friend needs help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend needs help

My friend has been very suicidal lately. I know this is about running away but i have no clue what shes going to do. She lives in a different state from me so i cant exactly confront her. Her parents abuse her, she hangs out with the wrong crowd.( they do drugs, drink alcohol, have sex, and shes only 12) She has been REALLY suicidal lately. Me and my [other] friend cant tell her parents because they wont care. They're the reason for why shes suicidal. If we tell our parents they will jsut say shes asking for attention. We're planning on calling the K.U.T.O hotline for help. But were not sure what to do. Shes home alone ALL day until about 9 because shes homeschooled. Thats alot of time. Shes scared of pain so im not sure if she would comitte suicide. we really need help. Were not sure what to tell her or how to persuade her not to. The top reason shes suicidal is because she lost a REALLY close friend. IM not sure what to do, and i cannot lose her. Help please. i cant lose her to suicide.

Re: My friend needs help

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Switchboard. We commend you on being supportive to Chelsea during her difficult times. It sounds like you have been able to explore some options in wanting to keep her safe. Have you been able to confront her over the phone or through email or instant messaging? How long has Chelsea felt this way? Has she attempted suicide in the past? Were you able to speak to the K.U.T.O hotline? It sounds like Chelsea has been struggling and as a friend it can be hard to know that she is feeling this way.

You are welcome to call us here to discuss options. You can also give our number to Chelsea to call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We can help you figure out some of your options and we are here 24 hours a day for you to call to talk about some of these options. We are confidential and non-judgmental. We have referrals to offer to you in case you are interested in any sort of resources out there. You can also call or give Chelsea the number for the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). If at anytime that you feel that Chelsea is in danger of herself or her parents, then you could call 9-11 for immediate response to her house.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X