Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• messed up youth

hello. i'm 17 and recently got caught by my dad doing drugs/drinking. this is the second time he's caught me, and even though i completely understand why he's mad and that i did a bad thing, he's taking it to another level and saying the next time i "******** up" he's going to throw me off the bridge in boston, and then kill all my friends with his new gun. i have no idea what's going to happen, and i honestly just want to leave my house, but i'm 17 and in nh i think the legal adult age is 18. i only have one more month until my 18 birthday, but i can't deal with it anymore. he blows everything out of proportion, calling me a whore and threatening my life. how do i deal with this? does anyone have similar situations/stories or any advice?

RE: messed up youth

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation with your dad right now. It’s understandable why you want to leave. You are really brave for being honest about the situation, and for sharing your story with us.

It seems like it’s really difficult to hear your dad say hurtful things about you and your friends. You absolutely don’t deserve that kind of treatment. Since you have one month to go, is there a way that you are able to last? Can you think of someone who might be able to help you through the next month? Sometimes talking to someone about what’s going on can be helpful. If not, we are here 24/7 to talk through your situation, discuss some options and provide resources.

You can also always call us at the National Runaway Safeline 1(800) RUNAWAY (786-2929) to talk about how you are feeling. We are completely confidential and anonymous. If calling isn’t your thing, you are able to chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you.

You are really brave to reach out for support.

Best of luck,

NRS

P.S. We don't think you're messed up.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X