Some Fam issues and then some

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Fam issues and then some

OK, I have family issues. Right now my parents are divorcing. Happy cause my step dad is a pervert who looks and me in wrong ways and he goes through my underwear in my dresser. Yeah well we told my counselor who will report him tomorrow. I can't take school. All the work is just too much for me. I rather do something more productive. And I want to already start work. Plus I feel like a loner. I just starved myself for 4 days and then my mom made me eat today and I tried throwing up. I don't want to go to school though and I want to runaway. Might call you guys tonight after midnight. Help!

Re: Some Fam issues and then some

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard with your situation and we hope that we can provide a service to you in some way. Your story spells out a lot about a man that you certainly needs to be free off and you deserve to feel safe and protected in your own home. It sounds like there is a lot going on in your life right now that you feel needs some special attention to be paid to you and if there is a lack of that in your house right now, it sounds like you can certainly benefit from giving us a call. We want to hear from you and hope that you at least find time for yourself away from it all. By what you are saying in your bulletin, it sounds like you are overwhelmed with life right now. School can certainly be challenging if you are not getting the most out of it. Is there another option you are considering? You mentioned that you want something more productive. What is your passion and can you elaborate more on the alternate path you are considering right now? Do you find your counselor helpful at all? It sounds like your counselor is able to act on the things that you need, such as filing reports and that is something we as mandated reporters are here to do also if you ever were to consider filing with us. We are not in the position to define what abuse is but we are instrumental in advocating for your safety if it were to come to that.

Have you considered reaching out to others in your family about what ways they could help you in this time of need? There are ways to overcome some of what you are going through if you were to take the time to call and it sounds like you are already planning to do so. All of our liners are trained to help you figure out some of your options and we are here 24 hours a day for you to call to talk about some of these options. We are confidential and non-judgmental and no one is ever going to know that you spoke to us. We have referrals to offer to you in case you are interested in any sort of resources out there. We welcome your call and look forward to help you through some of these difficult issues you are facing.Good Luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

No theres not another option I can consider. My teachers know but like they care and believe it! When I say do something productive, I mean I want to be an FBI Agent and then I won't be sitting all the time. My counselor can help but she doesn't seem like she really understands me. And no, theres no family I can go to. They've abandoned me. But I did call last night and I might just run!

Comment

We're sorry to hear that there aren't any other options for you or people in your life that are willing to help. It must be frustrating to feel that everyone's abandonded you.

We are glad to hear that you called us last night. As you probably know by now, we aren't here to tell youth not to runaway, but rather to just talk through options and your plan of action. If you do decide to leave your house, our number is toll-free from any payphone. If you get into a jam and need help, whether it be a shelter, calling your parents or even a way back home we are here. Of course, we're here to just talk as well. Feel free to call us anytime if you need to. Best of Luck.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X