Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

My parents treat me like ********. They never pay attention to me, always strict on me, and never appreciate a thing i try. Ive tried being a good kid for them but they always compare me to my sister. To them, shes perfect. Straight A's and graduating HS with honors this year. I try in school and go to tutoring almost every day and i still have a 1.5 GPA my sophomore year. All they do is hound me and always look for a way to punish me. I dont get it. I have my liscence and a car and i can just go now and drive and drive. I feel like they wouldnt even care if im gone. I have begged them to send me to a boarding school but they refuse and most kids dont want to go to a boarding school, but i do. Just to get away from my family. Today my parents found dip in my backpack and my dad hit me and my mom yelled at me for an hour. I hit my dad back and went to my room and they started beating on the door. I want to escape this hell. I have places i know i can go and i just want to leave.

RE: Parents

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us tonight. Yea, it seems like you’re going through so much right now. It sounds like you’re feeling pretty trapped by your family. You try so hard and it looks like you just don’t receive any positive feedback. Well we’re here to tell you that you’re smart and brave to reach out for some support. When we go through tough times, sometimes the best thing to do is get the support we need. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

You’re parents are wrong to treat you that way. You have every right to feel safe in your own home and no not deserve to be treated like that. Have you ever thought about making an abuse report? There are some outcomes from that. 1. They might not do anything. 2. They might remove you from the home. And 3. They might get involved and provide your family with some services (counseling, anger management, etc.). It’s completely your decision to do that, it’s just one option.

Have you talked to anyone about how you’re feeling? Sometimes when we feel trapped, it can be helpful to have a place or a person to vent to.

If you’re up for it, you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) at anytime. We are available 24/7 and are completely confidential and anonymous. We can talk through other options that you have and listen to your story. If calling isn’t your thing, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Standard Time.

Keep your head up. There are options available to you and we can help you come up with some. We’re here to support you in any way we can.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X