Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents are overbearing

my parents dont understand me they want me to be this perfect little pastors daughter and im not i never will be im a crazy wild girl and i like to have fun im 14 and i dont care where i go i just want to get out of this house i hate it here i promise i do!! i just need help out of here becuase if i have to wait 4 years juat to go to collegebto get away i might go crazy maybe even suicide or emo idk it all depends

Re: parents are overbearing

Thanks for reaching out through our bulletin boards. It sounds like you are having a tough time at home right now and really frustrated with your situation. You mentioned that your parents don’t understand you and you feel that they are being overbearing. Have you ever spoken with your parents about how you are feeling? Do you think there is anything that would make your situation at home better? It sounds like it’s gotten to the point that you are thinking of leaving because you feel you are going crazy. It’s understandable that you would like a bit more freedom and it sounds like you feel your parents aren’t giving you any. It also sounds like you are at the point that you are even considering suicide. Have you ever felt suicidal before? If you are currently feeling suicidal and feel you need someone to reach out to you can always contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

While we can’t tell you what to do we do want you to know that there is always someone hear to listen and help. Is there anyone that is supporting you at this time? If you would like to discuss your situation more in depth you can always feel free to contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). There is always someone here to listen, provide support, discuss options, and even find helpful resources in your area. We also have services such as a youth/parent conference call where we could mediate a call between you and your parents. Sometimes this can be helpful if you feel you want to talk with them but you are concerned about doing that on your own. Keep in mind if you don’t feel comfortable reaching out through the phone we also have a live chat that is available daily from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. All of our services are completely confidential and anonymous. Please feel free to contact us anytime. Take care and be safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X