Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im all out of options...

my parents just dont get it..

i remember being little and carefree and feeling as if everything in my life was perfect. my family got along, laughing all the time. But one day...i guess something just switched. we started fighting all the time. my dad used to hit me, throw me against things, scream in my face, push me...and i would watch my mom just sit there and let this happen [all of this happens still to this day]. i would ask her why she wasnt doing anything...and she sed.."oh ive talked to him abt it already..or i will soon." well soon came to late...

i love being out of my house with my friends..with the ppl that love me. it seems that life cant get any better when im away from home..but as soon as i enter my house..everything is hell. my parents are so fake. we will just have an argument..and then ppl will come over and they will act lik everything is fine.

i tell my best friend everything that goes on in my life..and my mom overheard one of my conversations with her. and she got mad that i was telling her about my personal life and said that wat happens in this family should stay in this family. i asked her why i wasnt allowed to tell her anything..and i brought up the fact that i thot it was because she wud b embarrased for what i had to say abot my family...and she ignored the conversation completely.

i cant have ONE normal conversation with my parents without it turning into a fight.

i have left my house a few times before...never leaving the neighborhood but walking around. and when i come bak my parents only care to tell me that im grounded. never..we are glad that u are okayy. or you kno what could happen out there. it seemed to me that all they wanted to do was punish me..and that hurt so much.

ive run out of tears to cry..and i dont wanna cry nemore..

im just so over it.

Re: im all out of options...

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like things at home have not been going well for awhile. You mentioned trying to talk with your parents, but never feeling like they are listening and that nothing ever changes. It has to be frustrating trying to change things and make them better and your parents don’t seem to care about that. You said that early on in your life things seemed to be fine, when and why did things begin to change? Do you feel there was something that bought about this behavior in your parents? You also mentioned that your dad has hit you and said some pretty bad things to you? Have you ever told anyone that he hits you? Do you feel like you are unsafe in your home? No one deserves to be treated like that and you have every right to feel safe in your home. Have you ever thought about reporting that he hits you? Ever told a teacher or a school counselor about it?

It’s good to hear that you do have some supports in your life. It sounds like your friends are very important to you and you have been able to vent to them about what has been going on. Having those supports can be more helpful than anything. It’s understandable how upset you are about having to live in a house like that, and it takes a lot of courage to share your story with us. In the end, as much as you want your parents to change, you cannot control there behavior, you can only control your own. Do you think there are things that would make living in the home more bearable? What kind of things/activities help you cope with situations when they get bad? You mentioned talking with friends; do you think it would help if you were able to talk with a counselor? You have a lot of strength to be able to deal with such a difficult situation. If you ever feel like you want to talk about this situation more in depth and possibly look at some other options you can always call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day to help. So if you need to write back or give us a call, don’t hesitate to do so. Best of luck with everything.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: im all out of options...

yo might not belive me when i tell you this but i went threw the same thing i lived with my step dad and mom we would all fight then my mom died and my dad was a real d**k i couldnt put up with it i left was homeless for about a year and got arrested now im in a program the best thing you cando is just stick threw it i know its hard if you have to go in your room turn on music and cry that always works tell your friends there always there for you sincerly that little voice inside you head

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X