No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help!?

    Okay so my step father and mother fight all the time also my step father is highly addicted to pills, I just wanted to know how old you have to be in the state of michigan to move out of your home without parental consent? I am 17 about to turn 18 in 4 months. I have means of supporting myself and everything. So would I be okay without getting into legal trouble at this time to move out?

  • #2
    Re help?


    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. We’re so sorry to about your mother and stepfather fighting so much that its making you want to move out. According to a government website (,4585,...0950--,00.html) 18 years old is the age of majority in Michigan. Even though this is said on the website we cannot guarantee that this is true in every case so you might want to ask your local police the same question (or have a friend ask for you). You said you have means of supporting yourself, which is great, but do you know where you’ll live as well?

    If you’re unsure about anything please don’t hesitate to contact us for support and discuss options. We’re here for you 24 hours a day on our confidential hotline 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can live chat with us any day from 4:30-11:30pm central time.

    Best of luck,
    NRS Supervisor
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp