Help please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hello, I am 13 years old and I am doing a book report for school on Running Away. I have visited this site several times to see the things that are happening to many teens in the United States. I am shocked at the immature and horrific things parents do to their children! I cannot believe how many teens have attempted suicide! This one girl attempted suicide 5 TIMES!!! I thought my life was bad..... NOT!!! Do you have any information that I could add to my report. It is due on November 28th, 2007. I will get online again tomorrow and see if you replied. By the way, how long does it take for you to reply anyways? :P

Re: Help please

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard with your concerns about runaways and other issues facing America's youths today. We are happy to help in any way and we imagine that it must have been very informative so far with regards to exploring our website. We hear you clearly on how hard it is for some of the children in such situations and that is why we dedicate our organization 24 hours a day to keep people up to date on the issues of runaways and youths in crisis. We want to hear from you directly at our 1800runaway number if you just wanted to vent about your new awareness on the issues and we hope to help you further the goal to keep America's youth safe and off the streets. We have liners that are qualified to deal with callers with suicidal thoughts or experiences but we feel that there are other agencies that can empower you better for a book report. The National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK is likely to provide you with statistics and other information you seek and Justice for Children at 1800-733-0059 is likely to offer some info in regards to what rights children do have in those situations. However, we are here for you any time and look forward to hearing from you. Good luck with your report.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am typing my report right now. I appreciate your website as well! I got a lot of my info from your website. I also added in my report the number. I believe it was like 1-800-RUNAWAY but I am not positive if that is what I put or if it is even the right number. Well, thank you very much I think i will show this website and bulletin board to my teacher tomorrow. Thanks. :P

Comment

I'm glad to hear that we have been of some help. It's great that you are so interested in what is going on with today's youth and looking for ways to help. You are right, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and we are a completely confidential hotline and here 24 hours a day to help. If you have any other questions you can always write back or give us a call. Best of luck with everything.

-National Runaway Switchboard
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I am really nervous because I am doing my presentation tomorrow(Thursday) and I have a really MEAN teacher for that class!!! She is okay I guess but I hope I did a good job! I wrote a poem, painting, letter, and two page essay! Well, thank you for your help and everything!!! :P

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing back with regards to your feelings. Being nervous for a book report is completely normal, especially when you have to deal with difficult teachers and a tough audience. However, it sounds like you are prepared with all the different components to the report and we are sure you are going to do well. Afterall, it is the info that speaks for itself and grabs the attention of the people are you facing. Therefore, we hope that you are able to just let the words flow and allow for the process to take care of itself. We are glad to have been of assistance in this process and we hope that you can think of us if you ever may need us again. Have a nice day and good luck in school.

-NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X