My Grandparents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grandparents

I really don't like it in my home, they always ignore me except when they want something, and they always ask why I don't ever tell them anything, It's because everytime I do they blow up, i've tryed to go to them for help, but it just doesn't work! When they saw my friend and I had tryed to kill ourselves they just thought I did it to show off infront of her! I didn't i've told them more than enough times that I hate it here and I don't want to be here, but the problem is they won't let me go and if I do who do I go to? I don't live with my parents for a reason, I hate my dad, he's a drug dealer, and my mom's boyfriend doesn't like me! I'm ready to runway and never come back home! I hate it here, I know I have places to go, my boyfriends mom said she'd take me, my bestfriends mom would take me in! I'm tierd of it here and if I keep feeling this way i know it won't be too long till I up and leave! Plus I know if they find out I might be pregnate they'll blow up even more! I don't know what to do! It's really hard being in a situation like this, I know there's people out there worse than me, but to me my problem is HUGE! I hate it here my grandma's a b****, she wants to live her life in me, and she needs to learn that I need to learn from my own mistakes, not her's!

Re: My Grandparents

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you have been going through a lot, and it can’t be easy living somewhere that you hate. How long have you been living with your grandparents? How long have you been feeling this way about living with them? You mentioned quite a few things here, one of which was that you and a friend tried to kill yourselves at one time. Was this the first time you attempted suicide? Are you currently feeling suicidal? It can’t be easy to feel this way, and also to feel like the people who probably should care about you are not. It sounds like you have tried to talk with your grandparents about this, but you mentioned feeling like they don’t really listen to what you are saying to them. Have you tried to talk to anyone else about the way you are feeling? A friend, teacher, counselor?

You also mentioned saying you just wanted to leave. Have you ever run away before? What do you think your grandparents would do if you ran away? You said you have a couple places you think you would be able to go to. Would you be able to talk with your boyfriend and/or friends mom to see if they would let you stay there? In the end it’s going to be your decision if you do want to run away, and it sounds like you have been thinking about it for some time. You also mentioned the possibility of you being pregnant. Is there a reason you think you might be pregnant? Have you taken a test or seen a doctor? You also said that your grandparents would “blow up” if they found that out. Have you told anyone that you think you may be pregnant? If you find out you are pregnant, have you decided what you want to do with the baby? It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and it’s got to be tough dealing with all of these pressures. If you need to talk more about what you are going through you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here to listen 24 hours a day. Also a few other numbers that may help with this situation, if you ever need them, are the National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255. If you are ever feeling suicidal and need to talk to someone, you can always give them a call. Also the number to Planned Parenthood is 1-800-230-7526; if you need help thinking about this pregnancy they may be able to help you as well. And again 1-800-RUNAWAY is always here to talk if you need to. If there is anything else we can do for you don’t hesitate to call us. Best of luck with everything.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

yeah i have thought it threw and i would keep the baby for sure! no matter what yes people know his whole family knows! yes ive tryed alot of times to kill myself i recently stop because my boyfriend found out and started crying weve been together for a year now so... i understand why! i cant call we have sprit and they check my phone bill you wouldnt believe how nosy they are! they sent me to councling for a month but all she did was help me do stuff i wasnt suppose to so... no i havent runaway before but im willing to try! they should be coming tommrow non to get me! What will happen if they find out where i am? im only 14!

Comment

Also is there anyway that wouln't take forever for my boyfriend's mom to dopt me, if she even could?

Comment

We want to thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you have been able to think wanting to keep your baby. You had mention that are not able to make calls due to your grandparents checking the phone bill. Prehaps, you could view Planned Parenthood's website at http://www.plannedparenthood.org for general informations and/or any questions that you may have regarding your pregnancy.

It sounds like your boyfriend and his family are supportive of you and care about your well being. Are there other people in your life that you feel that you can trust and will be supportive of your choices? A friend, teacher, couselor? We want you to be safe. If you do choose to runaway, do you think that your grandparents will file a runaway report? Are they your legal guardian? They can file a runaway report with the police and if they know who you are staying with they can charge that person with harboring a runaway.

You had also brought up that you would like to be adpoted by your boyfriend's mom. The process for adpotion could take some time because it has to go through your local family court system. Temporary guardianship maybe less time for the legal process, which might be more immediate for you.

You are more than welcome to call us here anytime and we can discuss options with you. We are a 24/7 confidential hotline. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). Best of luck to you.
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Yes they are really supportive of me, and I don't trust anyone anymore! I'm sorry, it's a really hard thing to do!

Comment

Can't his mom just say she didn't know I ran away? That she tought they knew I was over there?

Comment

It's good to hear that you have that kind of support from someone. Sometimes it is hard to trust others, especially if people keep breaking that trust.

As far as your boyfriend's mom just saying she didn't know you were a runaway. We don't know what the police would do in a situation like this. However, they may question why she didn't contact your legal guardians to ensure it was okay for you to stay with them. How the police handle the situation would probably depend on the area you live in. This, and the fact we aren't able to give legal advice, makes it hard for us to say for sure what would happen.

As you know by now, we're available 24/7 if you want to talk more about the situation or get possible resources (legal aid numbers, health care, etc).

We're glad we were able to help thus far, however, the bulletin boards aren't really meant for ongoing communication. If there's something specific you need, feel free to post again. Otherwise, you can call 1-800-RUNAWAY anytime, day or night. Best of Luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X