Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mom that feels like she is a bad mom

Hello,

I have a son that is 17 years old. it all started 2 years ago when he started dating this on girl.
    Her mom is a foster parent and she let every one know that she is better then them because of it.

My son has 3 rules at home.
    1. go to school and pass ( senior in high school with F's. one class he is not going pass. I worked hard to figure out how he would make up half year Jr. english and half year math that he did not pass in. so he can graduate this year with is friends.)
    2. go to work (half of the time he is off doing something else and took the day off)
    3. don't spend the night at his girlfreinds house. ( he is having sex with her and she is 15And he spends the night there and her parents know I don't want him too.But they let him anyways)

With his grades we got in a fight and he pushed me up against the wall with his forearm against my thoart. No abruses still hurts. he took off upset. I called the cops and they told me to wait for couple hours see if he returnd. He did not. So I call and just said I was worried about him. cop did a report and talked to some of his buddys. I talked to the juvenlle courts for some help My son is getting out of control at home. The court told me that I had to charge him for hurting me. So I did and he came home last night I told him that we need to talk and he told me that he can't talk to me and that a cop told him to pack up his things. He did that and left I called the cops and now he is in the National data base as a run away.
    I am beside myself. Feeling like I am a bad mom for all this. I try so hard to be a good and loving mom and I get a son that has came home and tell me that he don't have to do anything because his girlfreinds mom says so.
    I just don't know what to do.

Re: A mom that feels like she is a bad mom

Hi, thanks for contacting us. Sorry to hear of the problems with your son. It must be hard to have your son behave so aggressively towards you. Sounds like you do have reasonable rules and expectations and only want the best for him. You seem very concerned for him. It sounds like going to the courts was an appropriate thing to do. It must be hard to watch you son make decision that you feel are not the right ones.

Here are some resources that may be able to help deal with his aggressiveness.

National Youth Violence Hotline-866-723-3968. They can speak to you about the situation and give referalls.

You are also welcome to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We would be happy to discuss your options with you. We can also give referalls and help you come up with a plan of action.

Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X