•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod1
    replied
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. You sound like a very private person so thank you for sharing what you can with us. It sounds like there’s a lot going on in your life that is overwhelming you. We want you to know that you are not alone in this and we can be a great support if you allow us to be. We are always here for you whenever you need us so if you feel comfortable please give us a call at our 24 hour confidential hotline 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can live chat with us any day from 4:30-11:30pm central time. We can discuss the situation in more depth and perhaps help you find some solutions you feel comfortable with. We hope this helped.

Best of luck,
    NRS Supervisor

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    I have never left home, but has been thinking about it for a long time. No one else other than my therapist knows about my problems. I really don't like unneccesary people to know about my situations because I keep to myself. I also feel that I am running away from my problems and don't want to leave my family behind. This is what kept me here all along but now it feels like it is way too much for me to deal with. I don't want to put more pressure on my parents too. I feel that if I don't leave soon I may end up comitting suicide. Maybe I can leave for a month and comeback or something.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    re: Tired of everything

Hello and thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you are going through a lot right now between issues at school, with friends and with your family. From what you are saying, it sounds like you aren’t necessarily happy at your college, but that you also don’t want to be at home. It must be difficult to be in a situation where you aren’t really happy no matter where you are. Although it can seem like a slow process, it’s great that you are in therapy and have some sort of outlet there. Is there anyone else that you feel does support you?

You mentioned that you are planning on running away and that you have some cash but nowhere to really go. Have you ever left before? Sometimes in situations like this, it can seem like leaving is your only option. While we can’t give you advice or tell you what to do, we are here to talk with you and explore some other options you might have. We are here 24 hours a day to talk with you at 1-800-RUNAWAY or from 4:30-11:30pm CST via live chat through our website, 1800runaway.org. We hope you know that you are not alone- we are here to support you. Hoping to hear from you,

-NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Tired of everything

Tired of everything

Hi, I am 18 by the way. I am planning on running away soon. I am in college and go home on weekends. There are tons of family problems. We are short of cash in paying bills and it makes my mom complain and just yell at us. I'm usually the one that they want to rely on. This leads to me in college, although I choose to live on campus to get away from home, I go home weekends to help out and everytime I do there is problems which makes me not want to go home. I am not a Catholic but go to a Catholic university and it has become very hard on me. I'm not much of a social person and don't make friends at school. I am currently getting therapy but it seems like a very slow process. I hate the college I go to and I don't want to go home. I want to drop out of college. I just want to be away from this place. I do have some cash but don't really know where to go to. Also I am afraid of going out alone as I am a girl. Please give me some advice. Thanks.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X