Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away very soon

all my life my grades have gotten me in tons of trouble and severe punishment for grades i cant boost
    im too unmotivated and bored with all this ********ty work to bother with all of it. Ive never failed but my parents look down on me for being average. im always grounded and anooyed by my younger siblings (4 of us im the oldest) im 16.
    i have little freedom and my parents are strict christians, they plannned my life out and im forced to do what im told and eat whats on my plate
    i need freedom
    im taoist and im anarchist and im on drugs to get high because im sick of being stressed
    ive snuck out alot too
    sorry i typed this in a rush
    ill be fine if i runaway because of runawayguide.com

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and hopefully, we can provide you with additional support and resources. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are completely confidential and anonymous so we wouldn’t tell anyone that you had contacted us; you can reach us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

We are sorry to hear that your parents are so hard on you for being an ‘average’ student. It sounds like school doesn’t hold much interest for you and it’s hard to become motivated to do all the work. You mentioned that you have been under punishment for most of your life as a result of your grades, can you tell us more about that?

It sounds like your parents are very strict on you and allow you to have very little freedoms to do the things you enjoy. We are sorry to hear that you aren’t given opportunities to explore your interests more fully. You mentioned that you are going to run away from home and have a plan for when you leave; what does that look like?

Now, we aren’t legally trained here so we can’t tell you for sure what would happen if you left but we can give you a general idea. Also, we wouldn’t tell you what to do but we like to give as much information as possible. If you were to leave home, your parents may have the option to file a runaway report with the local police department. Running away is usually considered a status offense, which is something you can’t do when you are under 18 years old. So, if your parents file a report and the police locate you, they could take you to the police department until they reach your parents. Do you think they would file a report?

If you do leave home and need further assistance, please call us at anytime. Again, you can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), 24 hours a day but we also have chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) if you would prefer to talk with someone that way instead.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X