Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway

I am 15, almost 16 from Texas and for the past couple of months, i have considered running away from home. My parents have really been stressing me out. They are always on my case for something i did/didn't do. It seems like i can never do anything right anymore. I get in trouble for the smallest things like not cleaning my room or even not folding my laundry. We've had so many fights about this. We had another fight today and my dad told me that i should just leave this house. I cried and i really want to run away, but i don't think it's legal here and i don't think i would last long without any money. I don't know what i should do right now.

Re: runaway

Hey,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are having a really hard time with your parents right now. Feeling like you can “never do anything right” must be very stressful.

Do you have a plan for where you would go or who you would stay with if you ran away from home? You said that you didn’t think running away is legal in Texas. Actually, running away is what is called a status offence. That means that you can’t be charged with a crime for running away, but that you could be reported as missing to the police. However, if you stayed with a friend or a family member, it’s possible that they could be charged with a crime. You also said that you don’t think you would last long without any money. This is probably true. Have you thought about where you would stay, how you would get food, or if you would try to stay in school?

This must be a really hard time for you. You said that you didn’t know what you should do. Have you ever talked to anyone about this before? If you would like some resources or if you have any other questions, you can call us at 1800RUNAWAY. We answer phones 24/7 and are completely anonymous and confidential. Maybe we can help you decide what you want to do.

Thank you so much for writing, and feel free to write back or call any time!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X