Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

My parents seemed fine today... We had a family day and everything. Then my mom made a rude comment to my dad ( they already split up once). My mom and dad are arguing non stop and I want to run away. My mom said she is taking my baby sister (she is 2) but is leaving me and my brother. I feel horrible. I already get made fun of at school, now I am not wanted at home. I need help. How do I make all of this stop. I am seriously thinking about running away. I even got all my stuff packed

RE: Parents

Hi,

We’re really glad that you contacted us today, it sounds like there is a lot of really intense stuff going on in your life right now and you are trying to be mature in this tough situation. It seems like it was pretty hard for you and your brother to hear that your mom might leave. What was the situation like the last time your parents split up?

Do you have anyone else in your life, like friends or other family, who know what’s going on, or who you feel like you could talk about all of this with? If you don’t feel comfortable talking with people you know, you can call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or chat with us on our website (www.1800runaway.org) every day 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We are confidential and anonymous and can provide a listening ear, talk about what options you might have, and provide you with referrals to other resources such as shelters or counseling in your area.

You mentioned that you already have your stuff packed and are considering running away. Do you have an idea of where you might go if you do decide to leave? It is important that you stay safe no matter what your decision, and if you want information on where you can stay or help contacting shelters you can always call us. You also mentioned that you get made fun of at school. You definitely don’t deserve that. A resource that might be helpful for you is www.stopbullying.gov.

Good luck with everything, and again, feel free to contact us anytime, we are here to help.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X