Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowhere else to turn to.

Well, I honestly have been thinking to runaway for quite some time now. Life at home isn't very fun. My parents fight constantly and it's not the fight then make up, its the kind where you know they are going to get a divorce fight. I am constantly tired of hearing it and I want to runaway so badly but I'll be 18 in 8 months so I told myself to just wait but now I'm fed up. I want to stay at friends house but I feel like a bother to them. I don't know. I just need some advice. And plus I don't want to leave my younger siblings since I am the oldest. I wish I could bring them with me. I am desperate. I need help.

Re: Nowhere else to turn to

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. We’re sorry to hear how frustrating it’s become to live at home. It’s really brave of you to look for help and we’re glad you were comfortable enough to talk to us. You sound like such a great big sister thinking of your younger siblings in all of this. It must be hard on all of you to hear the arguing all the time. Have you tried talking to your parents about how the arguing makes you feel? Sometimes people can be so enveloped in their own situation they may not even know what kind of damage it’s doing to the people around them. We’re glad you felt comfortable enough to reach out to us but is there anyone else you feel comfortable talking to like a counselor, a teacher, or a family/friend? It might help to vent.

No matter what happens we’re here for you 24 hours a day at our confidential hotline 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can live chat with us any day from 4:30-11:30pm central time. Give us a call and maybe we can discuss the situation further and see what kind of resources we can find you. We hope this helped.

Best,
    NRS Supervisor
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X