X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 turning 18 soon must runaway

What I have at my mom's house:
    My mom is quite frankly a poor mom. Last summer she didn't even let me come live with her to work at a nearby deli, which could have got me plenty of savings for whenever it is I need it. Carelessly and without even deciding she rejected the offer and didn't explain. Every time I go to her house her trump card is to drop me off at dad's house, my trump card is a friend's house, and then her next card is the cops or just pick me up just to take me to my dads! Even when I lived with her it was always "DADS HOUSE", for every little thing, or for no thing at all.

What I have at my dad's house:
    My dad is one of the worse and poor dad's you can have. He is a chronic alchoholic, and he deliberately drinks and drives. Always finding something to bicker and complain about, especially against me. He blames his shortcomings on me! He drags me places I don't want to go all the time and allot of times it's no good and tires me out. Not to mention he smokes cannabis, and no I don't plan to do any of those things or be a thing like him. He's just your average train-wreck no good father. Heck just a week ago he was taking some kind of drugs that made him hallucinate and drove me to school! What kind of crap is that? He could have killed me! He keeps threatening to kick me out when I turn 18 so you can bet it all that he will do this bickering at me tenfold, and if my mom doesn't let me live with her? I have no future

What I have at my sister's house:
    Both of these things, you know maybe I can go a day without arguing and yelling at my dad or mom, but my sister? No way, she even invited me over, I said I'd rather go to a volcano. Why would I go to her house if I know she will want me gone in 30 minutes! She's hypocritical, and is just a useless assett.

My Uncles/Aunts:
    There all trainwrecks, most of them with dysfunctional families. I'd rather be in solitary confinement or an orphanage.

I'm in a pickle right now, If It weren't for my birthday being next month, I would call Child Protective Services. I wish I was 13 or 14 again, I would just go to orphanage for my life. But I'm pretty much 18 already, will they really take me in? It will be much better for me, at least till the end of this school year. That way when it comes to me and my schoolwork I will have no household distractions. I could use some help, unfortunately I'm to paranoid to call anyone out of risk that someone could be tracing it.

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us what is going on. It was very brave of you to do that; asking for help is sometimes the hardest thing for a person to do. Hopefully, we can provide you with resources that can further support you.

It sounds like you don’t have very many options of family that you could stay with. It also sounds like you are interested in calling Child Protective Services in an effort to find a more stable environment for yourself and we think that’s great. Since we aren’t legally trained, we wouldn’t be able to tell you for sure what would happen if you were to call them but that is definitely an option that you have. They would be the ones who could explain to you what their policy is.

Another option you may have is to find a shelter or some other safe place to go. They may be able to help you get into a more stable environment that would offer you support. But, since you are still technically under the age of 18, they may be required to contact your parents for their consent to let you stay. If you were to go to a shelter, what do you think your parents may say?

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth in crisis so we may be able to help you locate a shelter. We are also mandated reporters so if you wanted or needed assistance in filing a report with Child Protective Services, we could do that as well. It sounds like you are concerned about calling us and having the call traced; that’s definitely a valid concern but, since we are confidential and anonymous, we wouldn’t tell anyone that we had spoken to you.

We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like to call and talk with us. Also, we do have online chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week so you can talk with someone that way as well. The chat can be found on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X