15 and I want out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and I want out.

I just typed up a whole thing and it deleted. Long story short, my brother is going to college in September and I want out of my house till then. What can I do?

re: 15 and I want out.

Hi:

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. Are you saying that you want an alternative place to stay until your brother leave for college in September? If so, what is happening that would cause you to want to leave? The availability of resources depends on the city and state that you're located in. Some areas have safe places and/or youth shelters that you can stay for a short periods of time. Do you think your parents will approve of this? The majority of youth shelters requires parental consent for youth to stay for an extended period of time. If you can give us a call, it may easier to discuss options and try to locate resources.

Our hotline is confidential, anonymous, toll-free, and available 24/7. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY as well as via Live Chat, 4:30pm to 11:30pm CST.

Best Wishes
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

He's ruined my life. All he does is judge me. He never leaves me alone. And it takes less then fives seconds of us together for something to happen. I've been counting down for 5 years now for him to go to college. I'm about ready to kill either one of us. He's a varsity wrestler so I can't do anything about him. I'm in hunterdon. New Jersey.

Comment

re: 15 and I want out.

Hi:

Thanks for getting back in touch with the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about the way your brother treats you. It sounds like you all doesn't have the best relationship. How does your parent respond to this? It sounds like you have been putting up with this for the past 5 years which is a long time. Are you currently attending school? And if so, have you thought about just getting away for the summer (i.e. summer camp) or getting involved in other extracurricular activities? We did a search for the nearest safe place or youth shelters and it seems most are east of where you're at (i.e. Newark). You may also want to discuss this with your parents because they will eventually require parental consent.

We hope the information provided helps.

Best Wishes
        ~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X