Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 & in fear of parents

So I just got a speeding ticket last night on my way home and I am scared to tell my parents. I had a ticket before and he physical beat me up when he found out he didnt talk to me and I spent christmas down my grandmothers house. I have the money to pay it but I am scared the longer I take to tell them the worse it will be. I cannot go through what I went through last time. Once I recieved the ticket and got home I considered sucicide because I just cant face him. I have the money to pay and everything but my back is against the wall because I know he is going to freak when the insurance rate goes up. Iam so scared.I considered just leaving them a note and just walk out the door...please help....I have few friends houses to stay over but that is only temporary....I just so scared

Re: 19 & in fear of parents

Hey,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. Sounds like you’re going through an intense time right now and you’re looking for support with how to handle this. Although it’s a difficult thing to face, we’re here to help.

You said that “he found out”, referring to the other time it happened. But you also mentioned “parents”. Is it possible to speak to you other parent first about this and try and figure out how to proceed? Would that other parent treat it differently?

It’s not ok that your dad hit you and got physical. No one should be treated that way. What resulted from that? Did you ever tell anyone about it or did you and your dad ever talk about that incident?

So you said that the things you’re thinking about doing are only temporary. Do you feel like the best way to deal with this is to confront this? What would you do if your father treated you the same way? Are there people around you that could be there for you?

You’ve got some tough decisions to make but only you can make them. However, you don’t have to make them alone. We’re here to talk about what options might be available to you no matter what you decide to do and however you want to deal with the situation. We’re an anonymous, confidential and 24 hour crisis hotline. We can talk about options and plans that might be available to you depending on what you’d like to focus on.

We’re here for you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X