Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young and Desperate to leave home and be took'n care of someone else!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young and Desperate to leave home and be took'n care of someone else!

I'm 17 years old, and i understand the consequences when running away and how childish this might seem, but I've never been so sure about something in my entire life. The requirements i will probably need to have to make it official of my runaway is that: i need an ID rather then my passport, my clothes, laptop, and everything else. These things are easy to transport by bike or moped. The guardian that will be taking care of me, will first be my grandmother that's living with my aunt. When i turn 18, I decided that i will be living with my boyfriend and his mother, she works for DSS. Now, i plan to runaway around Next month. I'm still in high school, and I've applied for a job not to long ago, i still need to give the application to the manager, but she hasn't come into work for the days they told me to see her.... My godmother is an assistant manager, soon to be head manager, so she might give me a job soon. I have her number so i can stay in contact with her about it. I feel very independent, i know what im doing, i do my research, I'm not clueless, I might be acting childish, since the decision im making is probably dumb, but i live with a family of five including myself, that i just really cannot stand with. The fact that im living with such close minded people, that have no respect for eachother, who torment each other and act like it is nothing to worry about. I feel very unsafe at my home, my father has moments where he will say such horrible things and do them, for example, treat us with no respect whatsoever. It's constant arguing and yelling and theres no connections between any of us, I like solving problems and making them better, but my family are entirely the opposite of making things better.....I really cannot deal with it anymore. I understand, that to be strong, I should deal with it....but who in the right mind, wants to deal with these people any longer? I sure am not. I feel very left out, out of everything. Believe me i've talked to my family about feeling judged, scared, and VULNERABLE!!! I know if I leave this home, I will be taken good care of my other family, who are nothing like the family im living with currently. I want to live to better expectations! Thats what my plan, is and i would love it, if someone could please tell me, this isnt a bad thing...

RE: Young and Desperate to leave home and be took'n care of someone else!

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you have a lot of stuff going on in your life right now. It was really smart of you to reach out to get some support. It sounds like you have thought about running away for a long time and have a thorough plan. It doesn’t sound dumb at all. Also, it looks like you’ve done a lot already. Talking to your family about how you feel is really brave.

It seems like it’s really difficult to deal with all the tension in your family. That can be really exhausting. You definitely don’t deserve to be treated without respect. It seems like you’re feeling overwhelmed dealing with everything that is going on at your house. For the next month, it might be important to think about a safe place that you could go to when things get heated at your house. Having a safe place to your own can be a good way to deal with it all.

Although we would love to be able to give you direct answer and let you know you’re doing the right thing, we cannot do that. That’s because you know your situation better than we ever could. However, we would really like to be able to help you come up with some answers, possible solutions, options and/or resources. If you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we would very much like to talk with you about what is happening and help you in any way that we can. You can also reach us by our online chat service through our website from 4:30pm-11:30pm (Central Standard Time).

What you are experiencing must be very hard for you right now. Please contact us so we can further help you in any way that we can. We are always here.

Hope to hear from you soon and good luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X