Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just want to run

i just want to run away so many family stuff going on, but i dont know where to go and i dont want to go back or get caught i dont know how to?

Thank you for reaching out to us and asking for assistance. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are confidential and anonymous so we don’t tell anyone that we’ve talked to you. We are also non directive so we wouldn’t tell you what to do but we can discuss options with you and help locate resources.

You mentioned that you are thinking of running away because there is a lot of family stuff going on. Would you be able to tell us more about that? It sounds like you are trying to make a very difficult decision right now and we’re sorry to hear that.

Now, we aren’t legally trained either so we wouldn’t be able to tell you what would happen if you were to leave home. Generally speaking though, if you are under the age of 18 and you leave home, your parents may have the option of filing a runaway report with the local police department. If they do that and the police locate you, they may take you home or to the police department to call your parents. Now, running away isn’t typically illegal but it is considered a status offense; a status offense is something that you can’t do because you are considered a minor.

It sounds like you don’t have a plan if you were to leave and that’s fine. If you go to our website (http://www.1800runaway.org/youth/nrs_can_help/), you will find a list of questions and things to possibly consider before leaving. Also, we have a database of resources for youth such as shelter that we can help you with as well. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like to give us a call to discuss this further. We also have online chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) if you would like to talk with someone that way instead.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X