Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im about to drop everything and go

I'm not here to complain, really. I just want to let out all of the anger I have towards my mom and dad.

I am 18 years old, I live in NH, and I am so fed up with my mom, dad, and teachers, who do nothing but ********** at me like I'm their slave. The only 2 reasons I didn't get up and head out the door, ditching their sorry asses, is because I'm too caring of their feelings, and I have no money.

I got a good amount of money donated from my grandfather when I was born, but it's in my mom's account and she won't let me have it, so I can't do anything about that (which only gives me another reason to be so infuriated with her).

I really do appreciate every good thing they have done for me, but I just can't live with these people.

This is what they REALLY don't get, and what makes them look like idiots; I'm 18, meaning I can get up, go, and never look back, while all they do is pout over my absence and wonder what they did wrong, even though I have been telling them what they have been doing to get me upset for years (yes, years).

They just don't get it. They think I'm gonna just gonna lay in my bed like a loser, and be miserable for the rest of my life? They are terribly mistaken. It's only a matter of time before it's too late for them, and I'm out the door.

As bad as I'll feel for abandoning them, I'll still remember that they didn't help me at all, they just added fuel to the fire.

I am fully aware of what will lie ahead of me if I head out the door, and I accept nature's challenge.

RE: i'm about to drop everything and go

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you have been having conflict with your family for a long time. We are sorry to hear they don’t understand how you feel; it can be frustrating to have somebody not hear you. We are glad you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with us. It sounds like you are waiting until you are financially secure to move out.
    Where would you go if you did leave? Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot give advice or tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. We can however help you explore options and offer any resources that may be of use to you. Would you be able to call us?
    We are available for you 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time at www.1800runaway.org. We wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too sure where I would go if I left. I suppose I'd just go wherever the road takes me. I could stay with some relatives, but I don't know if I want to stay there. The good part of this situation though, is that when I leave, they can't drag me back. No one can. However, thanks to this sorry excuse of an economy we live in now, it's gonna be a pain to find a way to survive.

Comment

Re: I'm about to drop everything and go

It’s good that you are trying to consider your options and figure out how to be safe. It sounds like you are realistic about some of the difficulties you may face but still feel that leaving home is the best option for you in the end. Keep in mind that while we are not here to tell you what to do there is always someone available to provide support, discuss options, and find resources in your area if needed. If you ever feel like you want to talk through your plan or discuss your situation more in depth feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Remember that we are completely confidential and anonymous and there is someone here 24 hours a day. Take care.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I'm the same person, just using a different network. Anyway, yes, I still do feel that leaving them is the best thing to do. As horrible as I'd feel about breaking my parents' hearts, I feel that this is the only way for me to go out and live life. I don't want to be trapped in an office all day, work overtime, and pay bills like so many people do these days. I'm so close to graduating high school, and some people told me it would be stupid to quit when I'm so close to finishing, but I don't want the future the average person lives, so school would be pointless. I need to leave soon while I can before I have REAL responsibilities, like bills, taxes, stuff like that.

Comment

Re: Im about to drop everything and go

Thank you for the reply. It really sounds like you are trying to find your own path and realize that you don’t just want to spend your life “trapped in an office all day.” It’s obviously very important for you to have some independence and figure out what you want to do with your life. It’s difficult because in the end it is going to be your decision on how to move forward. Just keep in mind that we are always here to listen if you need us. If you would like to continue this conversation it may be easier to do so over the phone or our crisis chat. Remember you can reach us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
            x
            x
            Working...
            X