Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do!

I don't know what to do! I am tired of everyone! My family is seriously pissing me off! They won't leave me alone! My mom and dad are divorced. I am living with my grandma right now, I go to my dads every other week which is annoying. My mom is kinda messed up! Me and my mom never really had a good relationship, Ive always had problems with her. Once she even told me to go to hell and that she never wanted to see me again! Plus she is abusive. I don't even know how to describe it. My great grandma is getting old timers and says the stupidest ******** to me and always tries to start problems. My grandma and me has had a bad relationship recently and she doesn't understand same with my grandpa. My other side of family wouldn't understand, plus my step mom is kinda strict, I wouldn't want to live over there. I have a big family anyway, but I wouldn't want to live with any of them, nor do I have that good of relationships with them. I got in a big fight with them today. I am really stressed right now and about to just run away! I have thought of it before but I always decided not to for lots of reasons. I kinda know where I would go, probably just live on the streets for a while, I have $500 and supplies like food, clothing, and other things, so I am not worried about that but I don't know how I will ever confront them again. I would talk to a friend but I don't think they would understand, I have a friends house I could live at for a while but they would probably search there first. I am smart and have commonsense but what about school and other things? I am probably about to pack a bag now and leave for a couple of days not knowing if I'll return.

re: I don't know what to do!

Hi

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about the way things have been going for you at home. It sounds like you don’t have a good relationship with a lot of members in your family. You mentioned that your mother is abusive; have you ever told anyone about this? It seems like you have thought about running for a while and now you have it planned it out. Since you will probably not go to your friend’s house, do you have alternative housing arrangements? As far as school, it may be difficult to enroll or transfer yourself into another school. If you had plans on attending the same, it’s very possible that the police may stop by to do a curiosity check if your parents filed you as a runaway.

Is there any way that you can give us a call? It may be easier to discuss your options and available resources near you. We can check to see if there a nearby safe place or we can assist you with conference calling these referrals. We are toll-free, anonymous, confidential, and available 24/7. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We look forward to hearing from you and we hope for your safety.

Best Wishes
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for replying quickly. I already got my bags packed and everything planned out. I am just gonna wait at the house in the morning, (I have school and they have to go to work, I will just pretend to go to school) then make sure I have everything, I will write a "goodbye" note so they don't think anything bad happens to me, I will leave the city not going to far in case I want to return, I am only 14 so I can't get a actual job yet, but I could do small jobs for people like raking leaves or shoveling snow. You made me think a lot though.

Comment

Thank you for getting back to us and giving us more information. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are non directive so we wouldn’t be able to tell you what to do but we are here to help your remain safe. It sounds like you have a plan to leave from home this morning; do you know where you might go or how you might survive?

Also, depending on what state you live in, your parents may have the option to file a runaway report with the local police department. Do you think they would do that? Generally speaking, running away is considered to be a status offense; a status offense is something a person can’t do when they are under 18 years old. So, if your parent’s did call the police and they located you, they would either take you home or take you to the police department to contact your parents.

On our website, we do have a list of questions and other things to consider before leaving home (http://www.1800runaway.org/youth/nrs_can_help/). What do you think about some of these things?

Remember, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you ever want to talk about what’s going on or if you need more resources such as shelter or transportation. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we are completely confidential and anonymous.

We look forward to hearing from you.

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X