Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controling mother and.feel like i have no.control

My mom is controlling as in she wont let me see friends unless she knows the parents and so I never go out and if I do I get in trouble but I'm getting off track I want to runaway because I cant take it anymore I cant be myself do things as I want or even have friends over. I'm lesbian and my other hates that and I'm second to last year of high school and cant move to another town what should I do?

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are feeling frustrated because you feel that your mom is very controlling of you and we are sorry to hear that. Hopefully, we can provide you with some resources such as shelter or other forms of support.

It sounds like you are thinking about running away as a result of what is going on; do you know where you would go? Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we have a database of resources so we may be able to help you locate shelter or another safe place to go. We are also here to discuss what other option may be available to you.

We’re glad that you have reached out to us and told us your story. Sometimes, that is the hardest thing to do and it was very courageous of you to do so. Please call us anytime, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can chat with us online from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Originally posted by ccsmod2 View Post
      Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are feeling frustrated because you feel that your mom is very controlling of you and we are sorry to hear that. Hopefully, we can provide you with some resources such as shelter or other forms of support.

It sounds like you are thinking about running away as a result of what is going on; do you know where you would go? Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we have a database of resources so we may be able to help you locate shelter or another safe place to go. We are also here to discuss what other option may be available to you.

We’re glad that you have reached out to us and told us your story. Sometimes, that is the hardest thing to do and it was very courageous of you to do so. Please call us anytime, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can chat with us online from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week.

~NRS
      So your saying that I should look for a shelter and hope things get better? ?

Comment

Thank you for getting back to us. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are non directive so we wouldn’t tell you what to do. What we can do is explore your options and see what resources may be available to you, such as shelters.

We also aren’t legally trained here but generally speaking, if you are under 18 and leave home, then your parent’s may have the option of filing a runaway report with the local police department. Now, running away isn’t typically illegal but it is a status offense; a status offense is something you can’t do if you are a minor. So, if you were to leave home and your mom filed a report, the police would either contact your mom or return you home if you were located. Do you think your mom would call the police if you left home?

You also mentioned that you are a lesbian and that your mom isn’t accepting of that. We are sorry to hear that. Have you ever told anyone else that? You can also call the GLBT National Hotline if you would like to talk with someone there; their number is 1-888-843-4564.

Remember, we are completely confidential and anonymous so if you were to call us, we would not tell anyone that we had spoken to you. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can discuss options or resources with you.

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Thank you for getting back to us. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are non directive so we wouldn’t tell you what to do. What we can do is explore your options and see what resources may be available to you, such as shelters.

We also aren’t legally trained here but generally speaking, if you are under 18 and leave home, then your parent’s may have the option of filing a runaway report with the local police department. Now, running away isn’t typically illegal but it is a status offense; a status offense is something you can’t do if you are a minor. So, if you were to leave home and your mom filed a report, the police would either contact your mom or return you home if you were located. Do you think your mom would call the police if you left home?

You also mentioned that you are a lesbian and that your mom isn’t accepting of that. We are sorry to hear that. Have you ever told anyone else that? You can also call the GLBT National Hotline if you would like to talk with someone there; their number is 1-888-843-4564.

Remember, we are completely confidential and anonymous so if you were to call us, we would not tell anyone that we had spoken to you. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can discuss options or resources with you.

~NRS
          So where can. I go to find out where shelters are?

Comment

Thank you for getting back to us. It sounds like you are interested in finding shelters and we can definitely try to help you with that. If you could give us a call, we could help locate them as well as make conference calls to them to see if they have any availabilities for you.

Remember, we are available 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and are completely confidential.

~NRS

Comment

Thank you for getting back to us. It sounds like you are interested in finding shelters and we can definitely try to help you with that. If you could give us a call, we could help locate them as well as make conference calls to them to see if they have any availabilities for you.

Remember, we are available 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and are completely confidential.

~NRS
              But what if I cant call is there a way I can email?

Comment

Re: controling mother and.feel like i have no.control

Hello,

If you can't call and you feel like this is the only way to get help, let us know what kinds of services you're looking for. It might help to talk back and forth about your situation before we can figure out what options might be available to you. If you already have an idea for what you need, let us know what we can do to help.

We're here ot help and we woudl just need to talk a bit about your focus. It easier to do that over the phone but if that's not an option, you can give us your details here or contact us between 430p-1130p everyday and live chat with someone. That way we can talk more about you and what you need.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsmod5 View Post
                  Hello,

If you can't call and you feel like this is the only way to get help, let us know what kinds of services you're looking for. It might help to talk back and forth about your situation before we can figure out what options might be available to you. If you already have an idea for what you need, let us know what we can do to help.

We're here ot help and we woudl just need to talk a bit about your focus. It easier to do that over the phone but if that's not an option, you can give us your details here or contact us between 430p-1130p everyday and live chat with someone. That way we can talk more about you and what you need.

Hope to hear from you soon.
                  My questions are weather I can get dragged back to the house if I'm 17 very soon to be 18 ? And where shelters are or if I can still go to school if I'm out of my home?

Comment

RE: Controlling mother and feel like i have no control

Hello again,

Because we are non-directive and not legal experts, we cannot tell you if the police would force you to be returned to your home. You could always contact your local police department anonymously and ask them what would happen.
                    If you are unable to call us from a phone, there are websites such as www.nationalsafeplace.org or http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ that can direct you to local youth shelters in your area. You can also live chat with us at www.1800runaway.org. Click on the big red button in the upper right hand corner between the hours of 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time to chat with a person about your situation. You do have the right to go to school regardless of your living situation.

If you are currently living at a shelter and want to continue your education, it will be up you and the shelter to arrange for transportation back and forth from school. We hope this helps. Good luck!
                    -NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X