Emancipation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emancipation

Hi I am 15 years old. And I am thinking about becoming emancipated but I can't in till I am 16. I know what I have to do to become emancipated in my county but I need a lawyer but I don't have the money to get one. The reason I want to become emancipated is because I am treated like I am a worthless piece of junk to my family. All the do is sit around and do nothing while I watch my siblings kids. And I don't even get a thank you or good job. So can someone tell me where I can get a lawyer from if I don't have the money ?

Re: Emancipation

Hi, thanks for contacting us. Sounds like you have done a lot of research on emancipation. Seems like you are very frustrated with your situation at home. It must be hard not feeling appreciated by your parents. If you call our hotline, we can give you referrals to legal aid services that can give you more information on emancipation. Where did you hear that you need to hire a lawyer? We can talk about your options and about what's going on with you and your parents. Have you told them about how you feel? How long have things been like that in your home? We can help you talk to agencies as well as your parents.

Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X