Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just want to run away and never come back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It’s very understandable that you would want to be independent from your parents. It’s a big decision to leave home and take on the additional responsibilities of being independent, and we want to help you think through all of your options. It would be helpful to speak with you to learn more about your situation, so we can better assist. You can reach out to us either by phone to our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or through live chat via this website. We’re here 24/7 and hope to hear from you soon.

Guest replied
    I am 28. I'm now an adult to make decision on my own. One day i will pack my clothes and leave. I want to be independent on my own and i don't want to rely on my parents. I choose to leave is not because of freedom but is independent

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. We are here to listen and help however we can.

Guest replied
    I am 28. I'm now an adult to make a decision on my own. As i can be independent on my own, i will pack my clothes, wear my baby-g watch tightly, take my backpack and leave home

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I wanted to pack all my clothes and leave home permanantly. Please do not stop me. Just let me leave

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I'm 14 and all I do is work and get treated like I'm nothing can I run away at age 14 in North Carolina

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    Everyone had anger management. I will wear my baby g watch tightly, take my backpack and i will go out shopping for 6 hours.

But one day i over angry, i will pack all my clothings and all my stuff and leave for good

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on at home and with your brother. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    Im yelled at i get beat up i do all the chores my brother calls me the little princess i wanna runaway or commit suicide i have it planned out the only problem is i want a future plz help me im a 12 year old girl

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear that things at home have gotten so tough. It sounds like would leave if your home if you could. We certainly cannot tell you what to do, but we can share some general info to help you decide whether running away is the right choice for you.

We are not legal experts, but from what we know, you are allowed to leave home if you are considered a legal adult in your state. If you are considered a minor in your state and you leave without consent, your parent or legal guardian can file a runaway report with your local police department. Although each police department chooses how to handle runaway reports, if they do find a missing youth, they typically bring the youth back to their parent or legal guardian. The best way to find out how your local police might handle a runaway report is to reach out to your local legal aid agency or the non-emergency number for your local police department.

If you have additional questions, or you just want to talk to someone about what is going on that makes you want to leave, please feel free to reach out to us. We will do our best to support you in staying safe as you explore your options. You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786-2929) or via chat by visiting us at www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). We are here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!
    -NRS

Guest replied
    If really i had a choice i will pack all my clothings in my luggage, i will take all my stuff and i will leave for good and never go back

Meanwhile my way of releasing my anger is i will wear my baby-g watch tightly, take my backpack and i will go shopping

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

We know you said that you have decided to run away, and we want you to know safety is the priority. If you need help looking for a shelter or transitional living program please reach out to us and we can do our best to help you.

If you would like to talk more about what is going on please chat with us or give us a call. We are available 24/7 to help and provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X