Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get away.

I have 2 brothers. I live with both my parents. But I seem to get all the bs thrown at me. I get tired of living with these people. It seems like they don't like me. I'm 17 years old. I want to run far far away. I live in california. I hate living with this family. I'm the only girl and get in trouble for having a life. My mom is always blaming me for stuff I don't do. My brothers pick on me and make me feel very insecure. I just want to go away forever and never come back.

Re: I want to get away

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. Sounds like you're going through a tough time where people aren't being fair to you or meeting your needs.

How long has this been going on? Sounds like you get treated differently than your brothers and you seem to feel like it's because you're a girl. Have you spoken to your parents about this before? What kinds of things would you say frustrate you about being home with them?

Here at the National Runaway Switchboard we liek to be available to people by talking about what's happening in their lives and seeing what they'd like to do about it. You said you want to run from home...while we can't help you do that, we can talk about how ready you may or may not be to do that.

If you left do you know where you'd go or how you'd survive? Running from home is a pretty serious thing but the most important thing to do is actually figure out how you'll be doing that if you decide to do so.

Something that might help you explore your options would be to speak with someone here on the lines. If you're willing and able, please call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're anonymous, confidential and available 24/7. You can also live chat with someone from 430p-1130p (CS time).

Best of luck amd hope to hear from you soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X