I CANT TAKE IT [email protected]!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CANT TAKE IT [email protected]!

im 13 and have atimted suicide 3 times,all failed,my moms a drunkn ... who stays away for days drinking and haveing ... with guys that are really too old for her,and my dad is a drug adict,i have 2 younger sisters that get beatin a lot by my dad,and an older brother that ranaway 2 years ago,I HATE MY DAD!hes soooo meain!! when hes "hi" he beats me and my 2 sisters"ages 7 and 11"all the time,one time i tryed to fight back but he thertened to kill me,ive been thinking of running away for 2 weeks now,i dont know where ill go,or what ill eat but i have to do something soon cuz i thinking of atimting suicide again,by car.if i do runaway ill have to take my sisters with me,i dont have a plan yet,but i need one soon ! HELP!

Re: I CANT TAKE IT [email protected]!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your situation. It sounds like you are definitely going through a lot and we hope that we can be of service to you in this time of need. It must be difficult for you to experience the behaviors of both your parents, so we totally hear how you feel about them at this point. We are sorry to hear all the issues that you and your other siblings are going through and appreciate you taking the time to contact someone outside of your family for help. You do not deserve that sort of treatment from your father and since our main concern is for your safety, we certainly take this issue seriously here. There are ways to get help if you choose to reach out to the right sources for assistance.

As crisis intervention workers, we are also mandated reporters, which mean that if you wanted to file an abuse report with us, you can reach us at 1800runaway 24 hours a day. It is our duty to listen to you and if you were to offer us names and address for your parents, we can contact Child Protective Services in your area for them to come to your home to investigate what is happening. Now, that is strictly a matter of whether you decide to call us for that specific issue but we are also here to just listen if you simply needed some sort of emotional support. It sounds like you have every reason to fight back and the fact that he has threatened to kill you is not something to take lightly. You deserve to feel safe and protected in your own home and if your parents are preventing that from happening, there are ways to get help. There are various options available to you and it is never a guaranteed outcome that you are going to be taken out of your home if you were to file an abuse report but only you could know for sure what you are not willing to put up with.

We are not in the position to give advice or define what abuse is because that is something for CPS to do but we believe in advocating for your well being here. We can also try to locate other resources for you such as shelters but even shelters require parental consent to stay at one. However, shelters are also mandated reporters and are likely to file an abuse report if you mention abuse to them. There aren’t a lot of options for places you can stay if you run away and we certainly do not excuse your father's treatment of you and your other siblings, but is also important to remember that you are still not legally allowed to leave home and more importantly, that where you choose to stay can bring consequences to the individuals who shelter you for "harboring a runaway." We are not able to give advice about whether you should runaway or not but we are in a position to talk about what options you have and to guide you through a plan. All of our liners are trained to take your call and we are confidential so no one is going to know that you called us and we never judge you. We can also help locate food pantries for you in your area if you are worried about what you are going to eat.

It sounds like you are serious about finding a way out by any means necessary and we recognize why you have tried committing suicide and your desire to do it again. We also thought about your new methods for how you intend to do it and we wanted you to take this time to think about what you truly want out of life at this point. It sounds like you have been through and continues to go through a dangerous and overbearing experience but what is the likelihood that you could find someone in your life that can provide you with some support? Are you able to distract yourself from what is going on at home by filling up your days with more to do at school or get around doing other activities? Have you spoken to anyone at school or other relatives about what's going on with how your father is treating you? When you look ahead to your future, what do you see happening for you? We really care for your issues and want to continue this journey with you until you are able to get some help for you and your siblings. We encourage you to think about some of the things we talked about and hope that you take this time to empower yourself. In the mean time try to remain safe and we hope to hear from you. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X